Chapter 1: The Encounter

The Steel Rise Co., Ltd, is in the most prosperous area of New York City. The company building has over 60 floors, making it an eye-catcher in the city. A woman wearing a black suit and LV heels walked towards the building. She walked with confidence. Her straight dark brown hair softly moved as the breeze swept through. Many people on the street couldn't help to take a glance at her.

"Mommy, what are we doing here?"

Accompanied the woman was a four-year-old boy. The boy was wearing a light blue overall; he had soft brown curls, and his eyes were brown with a hint of green. The boy looked at the woman with excitement and held her hand tighter.

The woman smiled, her smile was warm and light, "we are visiting your father."

She says while opening the door for the little boy.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The lady at the reception desk asks with a smile while looking at the two people standing in front. Melanie's smile disappears, and it goes back to her normal emotionless expression, "I'm looking for the CEO, Pierce Steel "

"Do you have an appointment?"

"My name is Melanie Steel", after Melanie's voice sounds the whispers in the hall stops and the receptionist looked surprised.

A middle-aged man in a suit coming from the executive elevator hurriedly walked towards the mother-son duo.

"Ma'am, little master, when did you arrive in New York? Why don't you notify us, we could have picked you up!"

"No need!", Melanie said while walking towards the elevator with the little boy.

As the elevator door closed, the main hall exploded with people gossiping.

"Hey, hey, did you see her? That's the boss's wife. She looks prettier than the pictures. Did you see that little boy? He must be the boss's son they look so similar, he is practically the boss but miniature."

"I heard from someone that they don't live in NY. I wonder why they are here now?"

"Must be because of Mr. Steel, haven't you seen the tabloids? He had his picture taken with a playboy model, Stacy. "

"Ooooo. I smell drama boiling."

While the people in major hall gossip away, an awkward silence form in the CEO's office. Pierce Steel wore a light gray suit, his long legs were crossed as he sat in his leather office chair. It shocked him to see this woman appear in his office. His cold blue-green eyes stared intensely at the woman in front of him. His dark brown hair was gelled back, and his sharp jaw was slightly raised. His thin yet plump lips were pursed.

The woman standing in front of him is undoubtedly a beauty. Her black blazer outlines her exquisite figure. Her plump lips had a thin coat of lip gloss. In the eyes of Pierce, they looked luscious and tempting.

"I have urgent matters that I need to deal with. I need you to take care of Shawn for a few days!" The woman's voice was chilly, just like her. However, no one knows that underneath her icy shell lies a burning soul. Her heart rate elevated, they haven't seen each other for five years, she takes a breath and tries to calm her heart rate because she has to hide how she really feels.

"Yes, no problem!" Pierce responded.

"Shawn is still young, I don't want him to see anything he shouldn't see. Please be aware of who you take him to see I don't want him interacting with strangers," Melanie said with no emotion in her voice.

"Mom, when will you come to pick me up!" Shawn asked while hugging Melanie's waist.

Melanie smiled and squatted down, "Mommy will come to pick you up in a few days, remember to listen to your daddy"