Chapter 10: Murder in the Uhaul?

When Melanie finished the autopsy it was already 9 pm and dark out. 

 "Captain Steven said that he would take you to dinner when you finish." Steven's assistant notified Melanie. 

"Ok," Melanie said while massaging her throbbing temples, she worked for six hours with no break. She felt like she overused her brain.  

 "I'll bring the medical examiner from this area, they can come in and help us," Kevin said while rubbing his shoulder. Working 6 hours straight made him feel weak all over.

Before coming here, they spent three hours in the military base, and 2 hours traveling here. Mentally he felt exhausted. 

All of them walked towards the cafeteria. As they sat down it was already almost 10 pm. A tried Steven hurriedly rushed towards them.

 He took a few heavy breaths and said, "How do you know for sure the killer would use refrigerated Uhauls? "

"Steven, please sit down and let Melanie eat first.  Melanie hasn't eaten since this morning, she still needs to continue with the autopsy tonight!" Kevin smiled as he asked Steven to join them. 

Steven looked at Melanie who was slowly eating her soup. She kept her head down and focus intently on her meal. It was obvious that she was hungry. 

Zhao Ming is the team leader of the serious crimes team and the captain of the entire Criminal investigation Section. They pay attention to efficiency when they eat. Sometimes they even track suspects for every meal of instant noodle bread, and most of them are men, and they eat hungrily. Where have I ever seen Tong Qiulian like this? Tong Qiulian even forget it. After Bai Shaoyan spoke, they began to eat slowly. The way they ate was the same, so elegant!.

Zhao Ming was in a bit of a hurry, and he finally had some clues. He had to hurry up. He was so vicious that he would have to find someone to do it. Zhao Ming stared at Tong Qiulian stubbornly. Even under Zhao Ming's scorching eyes, Tong Qiuling still kept his own speed to eat, and slowly took out his handkerchief and wiped his mouth: "Captain Zhao, you can say something now!" Tong Qiu-lien raised his wrist and looked at his watch. "I'm going into the autopsy room at 08:30. You still have 20 minutes!"

Zhao Ming just unconsciously glanced at Tong Qiulian's watch. Zhao Ming just solved a corruption case a few days ago. This style of watch Zhao Ming looks familiar and costs at least millions. This medical examiner makes so much money. But after a moment of confusion, Zhao Ming began to get to the point: "Why do we have to investigate refrigerated trucks?"

"I saw the photos you took at the scene, and some of the previous forensic autopsy photos, some photos with blood, their blood doesn't seem to be normal. You know that freezing can slow down the flow of blood. At the same time, it can also mislead us about the time of death of the deceased. I believe you haven't found any clues about the deceased so far?" Tong Qiulian's words really came to Zhao Ming's heart!

"because the estimation of the time of death is wrong, the time of death should be two days in advance. You are all looking for video or surveillance two days later. How can you find clues?" Bai Shaoyan had finished eating and drooling at this time. "teacher, I'll give you those fruits!" Tong Qiulian nodded!

In fact, Bai Shaoyan's words were like a dull hammer in Zhao Ming's heart. Zhao Ming suddenly felt that he had done useless work before.

"the identity of the deceased has not been determined because his face has been damaged. You are looking for missing children who have been reported missing. In fact, you can look for street children or begging children or left-behind children." Tong Chiu-lien said slowly, "there is a child with a long-term kneeling wound on his knee, which seems to have been formed by kneeling for a long time. Ordinary people don't do this, and you haven't found information about lost children for so long. It's time to change your mind!"

Tong Qiulian's words really made Zhao Ming feel that he had put aside the clouds, and it seemed that the investigation had a direction all of a sudden. It really lived up to its reputation. No wonder the superior said that Tong Qiulian must be invited to Tong Qiulian this time. It seems that age really does not determine everything. He looks young, not to mention being so beautiful, but he is still so experienced!

"Why do I say it's a refrigerated truck? because moving a body is a very dangerous and must be very careful work. If you don't pay attention to it, it will leave clues, and it will be easy to be found. Moreover, if you want to keep the body for a long time, you must have refrigerated equipment. The refrigerated truck is not easy to be found. If he committed a crime on the car, you will not find the location of the crime at all!" Tong Qiulian is analyzing in an orderly way!

"team Zhao, there's a situation!" A very simple and honest-looking man ran by. His skin was tanned, but his eyes were very bright. He looked at Tong Qiu-lien and seemed a little embarrassed. Zhao Ming slapped him on the shoulder and said, "son of a bitch, put away your mind of thieving. This is the medical examiner invited from above!"

"Forensics!" The young man smiled at Tong Qiulian, showing his white teeth. "Zhao team, we found an empty refrigerated car in the western suburbs. There was no one in it, but the air conditioner was on, and we found this." With that, he handed over the document in his hand to Zhao Ming. Zhao Ming opened the file, and with a flash of his eyes, he handed it to Tong Qiulian, Tong Qiulian, but without any expression. "trouble Zhao team to bring things back and send them to the autopsy room!"

With that, he left directly. Bai Shaoyan held a fresh-keeping box in his hand, which contained all kinds of fruits and was drenched with salad dressing. He saw Zhao Ming and the black policeman looking at himself and staring at the fresh-keeping box in his hand. Just a smile: "the teacher likes to eat fruit when he is tired. I'll go first. You're busy!"

Zhao Ming and the police looked at each other and did not speak. They paid so much attention not because of anything else, but because the pattern on the fresh-keeping box was SpongeBob, which was really unspeakably weird to be held by a man like Bai Shaoyan.