Chapter 8: Dinner

Mr. Gold and Bethany waited for over one hour, Bethany was getting impatient.

"Daddy! I think he is doing this on purpose!"

"We were the one that asked him, so we have to be patient. I told you long ago, although your sister is not as good as you, your sister's is more patient than you. How do you think she married into the Static family, and specifically Justin Static?" Mr. Gold warned.

"Justin Static." Bethany mumbled.

"How did the sister marry into the Static family? I see nothing special in her!"

The relationship between Bethany and her sister was not as good as it seemed. The two were only two years apart and most of the time her older sister had to give her opportunities to Bethany. In addition, Bethany is very selective and suppressive so her older sister was forgotten by their parents most of the time.

When Bethany's older sister, Luna, married Justin Static she felt jealousy rage within her. The Static family had generations of Generals in the army, and Justin Static also had his own company. In addition, Justin Static's father is now the commander of a certain military district, and his younger brother Blake Static is a colonel of a certain military base.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting for so long!" The waiter opened the door, and the father and daughter duo saw Pierce walking in with a four to five-year-old child in his arms. His assistant Greg also came in. The two people sitting at the table caught Shawn's attention. These were the people he was just searching up a few hours ago!

"Hello! It is nice to meet you guys!" Shawn smiled sweetly.

By looking at how much Pierce cared for this child, Mr. Gold knew he had to take him seriously. The Steel family is powerful, so paparazzis are normally scared to take photos of anyone from the family. If Shawn was an illegitimate child then the paparazzi would have taken photos of him already. However, they haven't which made Mr. Gold rethink his attitude towards this child.

Shawn just smiled sweetly when there was an awkward silence forming because the father and daughter duo were too deep into their thoughts. Shawn's soft brown curls were slightly messy, due to his short nap. Pierce gently used his hand to comb through his hair. Just then Shawn let out a small sneeze. His small hands rubbed his nose and his eyes filled with water which made them gleam in the light, they look as bright as ever.

"Mr. Steel, your son is really cute!" Bethany said in an overly sweet tone. Wanting to sound sweet and easy to talk to. However, it seems like she had zero presence in front of the father and son duo because they didn't even glance at her.

After a brief chat, the waiter brought the food. The father and daughter duo stared in awe because it seems like the father and son duo were really hungry. They ate silently very fast, yet very elegant.

Actually, it's not strange for normal people to eat like this, it is just strange for the Steel duo to eat like this. The Gold duo thought that Pierce would at least start a conversation with them and eat slowly to look elegant. However, they were wrong because Pierce and Shawn were genuinely here to eat, they weren't planning to talk much.

"Bethany, aren't you going to eat? Are you on a diet or something?" Shawn asked while frowning at the vegetable Pierce moved in front of his plate.

"Daddy, I just ate some steamed vegetables!" Shawn whined.

"Vegetables are good for you. Now eat up!" Pierce said while placing more vegetables on Shawn's plate.

Shawn picked up a steam broccoli and then turned his attention to Bethany wanting an answer to his question.

"No, I have been eating, you just haven't paid attention!" Bethany said while placing a pea in her mouth.

"Oh," Shawn said while looking at the vegetables on his plate.

"Daddy, I think I had enough vitamin supplements today, I don't need any more vitamins. So i think you should stop adding vegetables on my plate!"

"Stop complaining or I will report this to your mom!" Pierce said while eating his steak.

Looking at the interaction between this father and son duo, the Gold duo had mixed feelings.

"When did Mr. Steel get married? There was no news about this." Bethany asked.

"I don't think daddy and mommy needs to notify you about their wedding!" Shawn said sassily.

"Be polite Shawn." Pierce warned.

However, in the ears of the Gold duo this didn't really sound like a warning.

"Yes, Mr. Gold I am married. Due to both of our jobs we decided it would be best for fewer people to know this." Pierce explained.

This news burst the Gold duo's plan. Mr. Gold reacted calmly towards this news, afterall he is a businessman. However, Bethany didn't hide her feelings at all. She was frustrated because she felt she was the only girl good enough for Pierce.

"Wow, I'm surprised Mr. Steel didn't notify more people," Bethany said with jealousy.

"This is my family affair. Besides, Shawn's mother doesn't like to live in the spotlight," Pierce said calmly while gently wiping Shawns mouth.

"Is there something wrong, Miss Gold? You look like you are in pain." Shawn asked innocently.

"No, how could I be sick. Your name is Shawn, right?" Bethany said while trying to hold her jealousy in.

"Yeah, I think you should know by now." Shawn said.

"You are so cute!" Bethany said while reaching over to gently pinch one of Shawn's plump cheeks.

"Bethany could you not touch my cheek. I am allergic to alot of things and I'm afraid you might cause an allergic reaction. " Shawn said while wiping the area Bethany pinched with a tissue.