Chapter 5: Old Witch!

Sitting on his chair, Shawn reached out elegantly for a piece of toast. He then reached for the small butter knife and smeared grape jam all over his toast. The nanny set a plate of fruits and a cup of milk next to his plate. Pierce looked at him, waiting for him to ask for help; however, he did everything himself.

The housekeeper came over with coffee for Pierce and looked over at Shawn, who was elegantly eating his food.

"Shawn, do you need any help?"

"I'm good John, you can go to eat now," Shawn said smiling while taking a bite out of his toast.

"Daddy, this jam has a lot of sugar in it. Mommy has a limit on the amount of sugar I eat every day because I am prone to cavities." Shawn says while looking at the jam.

Pierce almost spit out his coffee because this little man's health talk is never-ending. He found out health-conscious this little guy was when he took him to his friend's candy factory the other day. When he went on blabbering about how unhealthy this industry was, all Pierce saw was Melanie's emotionless face lecturing at him. Pierce shivers at that thought.

"Shawn, it's okay to eat less of the bread and more of the fruit!" said the nanny while she wipes Shawn's face gently.

"If I get another cavity, mommy would be so mad. She said she would extract the tooth herself." Shawn said while pouting.

Pierce slightly chocked on his coffee because he remembered that Melanie must have done a lot of extraction, just not on live humans. After seeing he change so much after five years Pierce had done an investigation of her secretly. To be honest, Pierce was glad that Melanie's family business was not handed to her because in five years she would have turned it into a funeral home or hospital instead of real estate.

It's no wonder that when he went back to his father's old house a few years ago, his father mentioned that Melanie doesn't deal with people often because her personality is more introverted and cold. Sure enough, after doing all the research, it's true that she doesn't deal with people often because she only deals with dead people.

"Mommy will definitely pull out my teeth!" Shawn said sadly.

Pierce put down this newspaper and walked over to Shawn.

"Its all right, daddy is here to protect you," Pierce said while rubbing Shawn's head.

In Pierce's mind, he thought, " How scary is this Melanie?"

During the conversation, Jackson walked in. Jackson Lin and Pierce Steel grew up together and were best friends. During this week he became best friends with Shawn too. As soon as he entered the room, he saw Pierce holding Shawn.

"Come here Shawn, come to uncle Jack. I have the candy you like." Jackson said while holding out his arms.

"I don't want candy, " Shawn says while turning his head the other way.

Jackson held out his arms awkwardly. He stood up and walked toward Pierce and Shawn.

"Don't worry Shawn, I have sugar-free candy today," Jackson said while taking out candy from his pocket.

"Really?" Shawn raised his head and looked towards Jackson.

After Shawn took the candy Pierce set him down to change out of his Pajamas. On his way out of the room, he saw a note left on the nightstand and it was the address of the army base Melanie is staying at. Pierce looked at the address and silently stuffed the note in his pocket.

"Uncle Jack, Mommy's assistant's last name is also Lin, I wonder if you guys are related!" Shawn said with realization.

When Pierce entered the car he saw Shawn sitting next to Jack in the back seat, he felt kinda jealous looking at how close Shawn has gotten with Jack.

"Really? Your mommy has an assistant?"Jack asked, surprised.

"No, he is more of an intern. My mommy is amazing, she doesn't need that much help. I noticed that every time when mommy works, Kevin is always staring at mommy like there is something interesting about her." Shawn said while frowning.

This was the first time Pierce heard about this assistant. He slightly frowned. Jack noticed this change in emotion on Pierce's face and asked Shawn.

"Seems like this assistant likes your mother."

"Like?" Shawn asked.

"I don't know, but Mommy doesn't like him. He is kinda stupid." Shawn said nonchalantly.

Pierce, "....."

Jack, "....."

When the trio enters the Steel towers,  everyone turns their head and looks, by now most of the employees know who the little boy is, gossip in the towers spreads fast.

"Pierce..."

A seductive looking woman walked towards them, and behind her women caring papers looking like her assistant. She looked to be in her twenties and she had a lot of makeup on.

"I just came back from the filming, I miss you so much, I feel like I am dying." She said dramatically while about to jump into Pierce's arms. Shawn could smell her perfume from miles away.

"Daddy, what a big germ!"Shawn said while hiding behind Pierce.

"oof--" Jack said while holding in his laugh.

The young woman's face turned red.

"Daddy, Mommy said that there is a lot of lead, mercury, and germs in cosmetics. This lady is covered in germs. Daddy, let's leave here quickly to avoid getting infected!" Shawn says while holding Shawn's hand.

"Little guy, who taught you this?" Belle Steam smiled while reaching out to hold Shawn.

However, Shawn quickly stepped aside like there was a monster after him.

"Pierce, this is really your son?!" Belle asked angrily.

Belle Steam was from a pretty well-known family, however, she was birthed by a home-wreaker. So, her reputation was not as good. She looked at the two identical faces in front of her. No matter how much she did not want to admit it they were father and son.

"Why are you asking?" Said Pierce while picking up Shawn.

"Lady, how old are you? You look older than mommy!" Shawn said with a smirk.

"You... I'm only 22!" Belle said, looking flustered. She just came from a photo shoot so she didn't have the time to take off her makeup.

"Are you sure? You look 32 to me." Said Shawn looking puzzled he looked at Pierce.

"Daddy, do you think I need glasses? I think I need my eyes checked! Ugh, I don't want glasses, though they feel annoying on the face." Shawn said with a pout.

"It's okay, your eyes are very good!" Pierce said while looking at Belle from head to toe and walking straight to the exclusive elevator, ignoring Belle on the way. Shawn looked Belle in the eyes and mouthed the words.

"Old witch!"