Chapter 6: An Accident!

Melanie was sitting in Blake's office. Blake sat behind his desk reading Melanie's report about the death of the spy.

"In your report, you say that there is a possibility that his cover did not blow, and he died during a gang fight? I can't accept this conclusion!" Blake says while slamming the papers on his desk.

"This is our conclusion!" Melanie calms said while flipping through some documents. These documents were sent from the police station. The documents were pictures of the victims from the crime scene. Looking at these photos, Melanie knew she would not get sleep this week.

Blake felt a headache coming on at his temples. He has known Melanie for many years so he does believe her conclusion; however, he is just surprised at the results.

"He was carefully selected by us, and all aspects of his physical fitness were first-class. How could he have died so easily in a gang fight!" Blake says frustrated.

"My report says very clearly that the people he was up against had the same physical fitness as him, so it might have been a hard fight," Melanie says without looking up, she crossed her legs calmly in the chair.

"How is this clear? Your conclusion states that he died of an accident and ACCIDENT! " Blake couldn't keep it in anymore he started to raise his voice.

"I think you need to calm down. I noticed that you have been getting angry easier. "Melanie says in a calm voice; however, for some reason, this fueled the little fire burning inside Blake.

He took a few breathes and said," can you explain how he died to me?"

"There was fatal wound on the head the wound was deep into the skull causing the skull to rupture thus leading to his death. There were many wounds on his body, large and small, all of which were not enough to be fatal. He was injected by someone before his death. We found this to be a new type of drug. He was injected with a large amount of this new drug in an attempt to cover up the fact that he was injected another type of drug while he was alive."

"New medicine?" Blake sat there trying to remember something on the tip of his tongue. He looked at the time then asked Melanie.

"Are you going home at this time?"

"I've been married for five years. When did you see me go home?" Melanie said while putting down some of the documents in her hands.

"Nobody blocked the news that you came back. It is estimated that the Gold family will be on the move in the next few days. After your grandfather and father passed away and your uncle took over the Gold Corporation has never been the same."

"Don't worry I will worry about this myself, maybe take the time to worry about your own problems! After this case, I am going to the police station, if there is any question about his cause of death, please contact me." Melanie said while walking out the door.

Blake smiled at the door closing. He picked up his phone and dialed a number.

"Melanie Steam is back!" Blake said into his phone and then he hung up. On his phone, it showed that he called his brother.

Pierce walked into the office holding Shawn. His assistant had just sorted out the documents for the day and placed them in front of him.

"Mr. Steel, this is your arrangement for this day. You have an international meeting at ten o'clock. There is also a meeting at 2 o'clock, the CEO of GOLD has invited you to meet at 4 o'clock, and Miss Steam invited you to dinner at night!

"I'm busy tonight. Push it!" Pierce said as he began to review the documents.

Shawn sat down and looked at his book obediently. Looking over he saw that the book Shawn covered his whole face, he felt a softness emerge in his heart.

"Daddy, don't you eat with that big germ!" Shawn says while looking up from his book.

"Miss Steam is still downstairs, it seems like she is very persistent to see you!" Said Jack as he walked into the room.

"So what?" Pierce said he didn't even look up from the file he was reading. He can't believe Miss Steam took their relationship seriously. Does she not know everything is for fun.

"Miss Steam is not just anyone, she is the daughter of the Gold industry's chairman."

"Gold corps? Miss Steam is nothing but an illegitimate girl. Although her family values ​​her now it won't last. Her mother is a home wreaker and has no status. Plus the chairman's wife is still alive as long as she is here she won't make Miss Steam's life good." Pierce said.

"That's true, this daughter wanted back into the family only to be used for her benefits," Jack said shrugging his shoulders.

"Isn't the eldest daughter of the Gold chairman married to the successor of the Static Corp? " Pierce asked while putting down his pen.

"He has two daughters and a son. Wow, his appetite is quite big. He wanted connections to the Steel and Static Corp!" Jack says in realization he looks towards Shawn to see if he was bored since they talk for a while.

"Are you bored Shawn?"

"No," Shawn said while walking towards the table of snacks Pierce prepared for him.

He turned around and just took some dried fruits. He started to munch on the snacks and turned his attention back to their conversation.

After Jack left, Pierce continued to deal with his official duties. He didn't notice that Shawn has taken out his little iPad and he was typing something. In the search bar, Shawn entered Gold Corporation. He did not see any useful information. He re-entered the information of the Static family. A bunch of information popped up under this name. Now he saw a lot of information that he had not seen. The most articles appeared to explain how perfect the successor of the static corp was with his wife.

As he scrolled through the pictures online, his face darkened.