Chapter 7: Mr. Gold

In the afternoon, Pierce had just finished the meeting and returned to his office. He saw Shawn asleep on the couch in his office resting room. Pierce took off Shawn's jacket cautiously, trying not to wake him up. He then gently placed a quilt on him.

"Daddy? Are you done?" Shawn said groggily from waking up while rubbing his eyes.

Pierce felt warmth spread to his heart.  He gently kissed Shawn on the forehead and tucked him back in.

"You can go back to sleep, daddy will wake you up for dinner."

Shawn nodded gently and closed his eyes. Pierce adjusted the temperature to the room and gently closed the door. Shawn suddenly sat up and turned on his iPad. On the other side, he seems to Facetime an old man. The old man looked to be in his seventies. He looked like the older version of Pierce; however, he had deep brown eyes.

"Why are you hiding? Is your father bullying you again?" The old man asked.

He had a loud voice, a voice not belonging to a seventy-year-old man. Sitting next to him was another man in his fifties. He had the same eyes as Pierce. The two men Shawn was face timing was his grandfather and great-grandfather.

"Great-grandpa daddy hasn't bullied me! I'm  having a lot of fun here, " Shawn said in an excited voice.

After Pierce exited the resting room, he heard a knock on the door.

"Mr. Steel, the president and manager of the Gold corporation, are here waiting in the meeting room." His assistant says while opening the door for Pierce.

Xiao Han nodded.

"Manager? What manager?"

"Oh her, she is the second daughter to Mr. Gold." His assistant said while laughing coldly to himself. The gold family seems like they are trying a bit too hard. To be honest, if it were five years ago Mr. Steel would have treated the Gold corp with caution because they were powerful; however, five years later, the Gold corporation has lost most of its power. If it weren't for the Static family, then the Gold corporation would have already filed for bankruptcy.

"Mr. Steel!" A middle- aged man said while standing up to greet Pierce.

"Mr. Steel, it is nice to meet you!" A youthful woman in her twenties said while getting up too.

"Mr. Gold, it is nice to see you! I haven't seen you in a while." Pierce said while shaking hands with Mr. Gold only, ignoring the young lady.

The youthful girl also named Bethany Gold sat down awkwardly, feeling slightly frustrated towards Pierce.

"No, we are very grateful for you to take the time to talk with us."

After a brief greeting, the three sat down in their chairs and an assistant came in with cups of coffee. This was not the first time Mr. Gold had met Pierce, they met five years ago. After five years, seeing Pierce again, he seemed matured and even more mysterious. Mr. Gold knew he shouldn't underestimate Pierce any more.

There is also another reason Mr. Gold was afraid to overestimate Pierce because he comes from a powerful family. The Steel family! Who dares to mess with them?

Bethany was very confident with herself and on the outside her confidence pours through. Bethany had always attracted male followers, and they treated her like a queen. So, without thinking she believes her beauty would capture the attention of Mr. Steel, the bachelor everyone wants. So, she sent Pierce some flirtatious looks while her father talked. However, it seemed like there was an invisible wall between them because Pierce didn't even glance at her. This made Bethany want Pierce even more because he differed from all the guys that surrounded her.

Her older sister married into the Static family, and in her heart she wasn't as pretty as her. She knows she will be more glorious and wealthy. Not only is she good looking, she is also wealthy and smart. So, she had the confidence to capture Pierce's attention.

Bethany knew Pierce had a son, but she didn't care. It's not like he was married! Must be a child left from a one- night stand. If she married Pierce this little boy wouldn't be much of a threat.

"Mr. Steel looking at the time it seems like it's getting late, I was wondering if you wanted to eat dinner with us?" Mr. Gold asked as he felt his daughter kick him under the table. At that moment, he knew his daughter had a crush on Pierce. In his mind, he wanted Pierce to marry his younger daughter because this would help with his company. Looking at the entire NYC, there are only a handful of people who are better than his daughters. So he believes it is possible for his daughter to marry Pierce.

Pierce warmly smiled and looked down at his wristwatch.

"Yes, I believe we should celebrate our deal. My son is still asleep in my office so I will arrive a little later. Mr. Gold, you can go first with your daughter, " Pierce said while getting up.

Bethany got up with Pierce, wanting to follow him; however, her father stopped her.

"Dad, why are you stopping me!" Bethany said angrily.

"This is Pierce Steel you are talking about. Do you know how many girls in this city want to marry him? You should try playing hard to get to capture his attention. Don't make him look down on you!" Mr. Gold said with distaste on his face.

"Come dad, let's go!" Bethany stood up hurriedly, wanting to get to the restaurant quicker.

What the father and daughter duo did not know was that everything they said was all heard by Pierce. He turned off his computer and walked towards his resting room.

When Pierce walked into the room Shawn was already dressed and sitting on the bed.

"Daddy, you went out for two hours and five minutes!" Shawn pouted.

Pierce just smiled and reached out to hold Shawn in his arms. Pierce's arms differed from Melanie's. Melanie's arms are warm and comfortable, while Pierce's arms felt warm and strong. Shawn felt safe in his father's arms.

"I'm so sorry little master for making you wait for so long. Let's go out and eat something good today!" Pierce said in a playful tone.