9 || Feels Cold

Let her be like me.

It's the best resort BoBoiBoy can think of for now. He can't keep hiding Yaya in his dwelling forever. Yet he doesn't decide on a whim, he takes time processing the possible solution. For now, however, he takes his time to bond with Yaya. About time he bonded with someone other than he doggone panther.

He walks her through some places in his dwelling. To places she can visit and not visit. At one point, he got her to look through the basement. She starts not being used to the succumbing white. Everything is black.

Black cobblestone.

Yaya tails him through the dark passage until they get to the mechanical door with the keypad. That mechanical door with the keypad. BoBoiBoy tugs on Yaya's hair before she decides to run off to play with the irregular panel. "I'm taking you here only because I want to show you what a keypad is." He points to the machinery. "You push a couple of those clickable squares and the door opens."

"Oh! Yeah, can I try-?"

This is why BoBoiBoy has her ponytail held in his fingers. He tugs on them. "No, no, no, no, no-!"

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow-!"

"That, right there, is one of my restricted sections. Which means, you can't go in there."

Yaya swishes her head, forcing BoBoiBoy's pale grip off. "Yes, yes, I know what that means, you...! Why would you even not want me there?"

"For obvious reasons. Only I know the number pattern to open this door, so I can be the only one who enters it," he says. He wants to build Yaya's trust in him if he wants her to stay a little longer to get what he wants. He needs to be as transparent as possible.

"Why, what's in it?" she asks. "Embarrassing baby photos?"

He ends up choking.

At least Yaya knows what photos are, though she's never actually owned one. "What? That's what in it, huh?!"

"Nah, knock it off, would you?" He can get this funny with her, just not too much, that'd hurt. He walks away from the passageway first, then Yaya follows, her little sleeveless dress flowing around. It's a good way to get someone to forget something. "Though, I believe, one day, you'll be able to be permitted to enter that room."

"Really? When?"

He stops walking. He's getting his words straight, gradually. "That, I do not know. But I know one thing, the sooner the better."

He looks away. "But that time may never come, you see. I got what I wanted and I'll be letting you go soon. With your comrades," he lies.

He's getting closer to Yaya, even though it had only been two days. It grows even more so, vice-versa. That charm is really good, now I'm testing it, he tells himself.

So much, it's almost as if she doesn't want to leave anymore.

"I'm just bored, is all," she says. "Don't you have anything fun in here?"

Fun? Why, try to guess the passcode to that awesome door, that'd be fun.

Fun. Fun is not in his vocabulary.

He smirks, trying to think of a room as an excuse for fun. He can't bring her to his bedroom. That'd be weird.

"Fun...By fun, you meant, what I do for leisure?"

"Yeah. I like running around trees and rolling on moist grass. How about you? What do you do?"

What does he do other than groom his panther?