Chapter 8: Padparadscha

Rutile's P.O.V:

      Dragging out the giant box, once more I see my old partners body, "Nice to see you again, Padparadscha." I said to him, even if he can't hear it, over decades and centuries, I had countless attempts of making him wake up, Thunderstorm even has the perfect hardness of 9 making me want to grab him and take his gems, but I can't, Sensei will be mad at me for such action that I did. "Rutile! I'm here." turning my head to the left I see Thunderstorm with the bowl of Rubies containing in "Wait- I thought I said we-"

        "I know you were waiting for this moment , I didn't want to waste your time too so, here they are."

         Sighing, I made a small smile and thanked him for his kindness, I grabbed two chisels and gave him the other, "Let's get to work." I said, he hummed with a smile as we began to carve the ruby, after a few minutes of work, I see Phos arriving as she say down watching us "So you guys are already working on it ?"

      "Yes, do you still remember Padparadscha, Phos ?" I asked

      "Yeah, but is he going to recognize me ?"

      "I'm sure he will. 30 years ago he was able to wake up, lasting at least only for an hour, we talked during those few minutes Rutile and the others didn't have a chance to see him awake, even you Phos."

Thunderstorm 's P.O.V:

       "Well this time I'll get to talk to him, I wonder how long the rubies will last on him though." Phos said getting excited,I flashed a small smile for her.

       Carrying the last piece for the center, I last said "We just gotta find out." Placing it, and sliding it down, we sat or stood their waiting until, his eyes slowly opened, sitting up he stretched his arms and asked Rutile how long he was asleep. "This time?" she asked him "Yes, you said to me a few years ago that I was asleep for 261 years ?" 

 "This time?" she asked him "Yes, you said to me a few years ago that I was asleep for 261 years ?" 

(Padparadscha)

       "39 years, 12 months and 1 day. And operated 705,012 times " Rutile said.

      "My oh my, I am getting quite more  awakened for a few decades."

      "I'm sorry, again for being incompetent, and not overcoming your predicament."

     "What did I say about blaming your self again Rutile ?" Pad says with a soft smile for the doctor .

     "Not to."

      He turns his attention to both me and Phos "Oh ? Thunderstorm, great to see you again!"

      "Great to see you too Padparadscha."

       "And whoah, Phos! Guess Thunderstorm was right, you did have gold alloy arms !" Pad said grabbing her arm and looked at it amazed "Heh, well, they are just like me."