47|Orphic serendipity

Serendipity

.

Under the winter sun brought out the purity of the heaven-given snow, inviting the feet to play and the spirit to laugh.

There will be days y/n wished to stay in the warm, to observe from a duvet, fingers wrapped snuggly around some cocoa, with her daughter wrapping around her.  yet somedays the winter takes her hand and shows me its beauty, that in truth, it is but the dawn of spring.

And it was one of those days.

"Snowball fight!" yells Jin, and in that instant, y/n knows he has a whole stack ready to pelt him with. In seconds of the warning, the air is thick with snowballs so compacted that several feel solid and icy. The ones from the freshly fallen flakes burst open on impact.

Seconds later Jin is behind his y/n's old jeep, gloved hands in the snow, frantically making a stockpile to retaliate with. From the lull in the action, he knows y/n is doing the same to replenish what she already used. "You're gonna lose, Jin!" She taunts from behind a garden wall.

"Yeah, Y/n? Wanna bet?" comes the still out-of-breath voice of Jin. "Game on, sucker! You're going down!"

Y/n ducks down behind an old truck and comes up with a hastily fashioned weapon sitting in her black woolen glove. She's wearing that same face she has when she's got me beat at scrabble, but this is no war of words and I fight dirty - all in the name of "fun" of course.

"I want to play to mama" The small voice echoed the place. Making the two older siblings lift their heads.

Y/n smiled seeing Ala's happiness. With a grin on her face, she walked towards Ala to carry her little baby on her waist.

The cool air of a winter evening hit her bare face as the wind blew her dark locks to her
back and my long white dress danced in sync with the wind.

"So you want to play? " Y/n asked Ala, making her nod her head as fast as she could.

"Okay. Then, you are gonna be in my team"

"That's a cheating Miss. Y/n" Jin yelled.

"Common Mister Big muscles, you afraid from two women"

"I'm not a woman, I have just four years old mama" Ala declared making y/n giggle in response.

"Okay. Little women show what you got then" She said, putting Ala down. Before they started to make a big snowball, to get their target.

On the other hand of the world, Jungkook was getting out.

But still, he didn't get his whole freedom yet. He succeeded in doing the test of psychopaths at the asylum. So they could make sure his mind wasn't tricking him anymore and making other identities.

He must walk around with electric cuffs. Yeah, another one.

Those stun-cuffs are preemptively placed on prisoners, those who don't misbehave will still suffer that psychological trauma. But it wasn't the case for Jungkook.

They were used to make him not depressing the city, and if he did it will send the information of his location to the nearest Police station. And then arrest him.

It was just in case of any misbehaviors and to know his location wherever he goes.

But he wouldn't do anything bad right? Not after this long hard road. He wouldn't.

Jungkook had plans to use his talent, Drawing, and designing.

He has a big fortune to use from his dead father. After getting out of the prison, his money and properties weren't frozen anymore.

But he won't use it. But something was bothering him along the way. His sins.

He wanted to clear his Sins, to clear his past from all the dark he did before. And there was one way to do it.

It was Sunday, and Jungkook couldn't deny the church was beautiful. It has massive windows lining both sides of the walls and the main entrance was made up of two massive glass mosaic doors that expanded all the way to the top of the roof.

It was a large church big enough to comfortably seat everyone in our small town and a small area for everyone to stand and talk to one another.

This was one of the most beautiful places in the city.

Most of the people were already there and standing around talking to one another. So as Jungkook walked in people started to go silent and stare at him.

A man wearing dark clothes and inked with tattoos made them stare. It was obvious.

A sister led him over to a small corner and the people stood there waiting for the session to start.

He could hear his name being spoken around the room as they whispered to each other about the man who was just released from jail. Well, it was from an asylum.

Nobody wanted a criminal in the city. But what is the definition of a criminal? Wasn't a human who committed a sin or more.

If it was, then why they are there, it was just to clear their sins.

In other words, they were all criminals there. It was just the Sin that made the difference.

The priest walked up onto the stage and asked us all to be seated and he was thankful.

The sooner this is over the better.

When Jungkook took a seat, he could tell that people avoided sitting there. Nobody sat next to him and could see the people in front of him shifting uncomfortably at being so close to him but he couldn't care less.

Fewer people, more concentration.
Fewer bastards, fewer problems.

The priest announced the start of the session and only then did I finally relax into my seat.

The reverend's voice was deep and calming and he felt intrigued by what the priest had to say.

Jungkook nervously glanced around again to make sure no one was looking at him and it was then that he noticed her. He felt his eyes widen in shock and his heart started pounding in his throat.

She was here.

And the only thing that he was sure of is that he was back, but he didn't know if he was ready to show himself to her.

For now, he will just stay a shadow.

Lol