24-Orphic Jealousy

"when the devil cares"

Her eyes don't stray from his. He feels like they're frozen. He wishes they were. 

After the movement y/n's eyes were as immobile as the rest of her face as if news like that was impossible to absorb any faster. She was frozen for maybe three whole seconds before the corners of her mouth resumed their usual softness and her eyes quit staring. 

While Jungkook, if he could, he would look at her all day. The moment she titled her face toward his, only few inches away from his beautiful face. If someone else was there, he would say that she was on the verge of kissing Jungkook.  Which was actually only a second, ends and she pulls away quickly.

"I'm sorry. That was extremely unprofessional from me " She says and he can see her face heat up.

Blushing would have been no problem, but what she did was go as red as a beetroot and radiate heat like a hot pan. You could have cooked a three-course meal on her face. No one could have missed it.

She wanted the earth to open up and swallow her whole.  But there was no rescue from this embarrassment. It was absolute. Torture. Utter humiliation. 

The memory would be seared into her brain forever, ready to pop up and torment her again when she's ever in a quiet moment.

She hadn't meant to do it, he could tell by the look of mild shock on her face and by her cheeks that flushed pink.

Turning her head to the two sides, she speaks "So, um, yeah your dreams. What are they?" She asks and he can tell they are both feeling the same. Fighting off feelings that could potentially ruin them.

"To have none of them," he says, he didn't even mean for the words to come out but they do before he can stop them.

She tears her eyes from him and looks down at his file trying to busy herself. He watches as she asked another question, 

"What would you wish to do if you were free ? "  not bothering to lift her eyes to lock it with his which made him stand up trying to approach her face, finding it a little difficult with his cuffs on his hands, but ending succeeding to do it. 

"Ask me to my face and maybe I'll answer." He says and her head snaps up. His voice sliced through the silence of the room making the hair at the back of her neck stand up. She lifts her head to find his dark figure standing in front of her, looking almost the same as in the vision.

Her breath gets caught in her chest, solidifying her insides. It takes her a few seconds to realize that she's shivering visibly. His breath is coming out in front of her face like a white cloud while I look up at him. The heat of her body is melting the snow beneath her, soaking the fabric of her clothes.

She stares at him, her big round eyes fixate on him. God, she was beautiful. He could get lost in her. A good kind of loss. He could just lose himself and forget all of his fears just to be with her.

"What would you wish to do if you were free? " 

" I don't want to be released, any time soon," he says as she frowns at him, not able to register what he just said to her.

Why? Why doesn't he want to be free? Is living here worth it? 

" why don't you want to? " She asks, noticing a sly smirk forming on his lips while he looks down at his hands.

"It's better this way," he mumbled to himself as shifted his eyes from her. While she nodded, not wanting to push it more further.  

Suddenly the door opens and the guards walk in.

One unchains him from the table and the other one just stands there.

He doesn't want to leave while jungkook is losing it. No wonder everyone in here is crazy, they are seeing her and she is enough to make any man at least a little crazy.

While she didn't do anything.

"Miss y/n, I think that your next patient is here ." The main guard says after uncuffing him.

"Yeah,I know." She says as she takes a glance at her notebook.

Jungkook lifted his head in surprise, he couldn't bear the idea that his personal therapist was others too. But it isn't the case anymore, Jimin had asked her if she could help him, therapying the prisoners here. And she accepted.  Maybe it will help her to understand criminals more, or maybe help her forget about the last events?

Jungkook felt a pang of jealousy taking over him.

And anger towards her? 

When he turned at last to face her there was no trace of smirking, not in his eyes or in track marks on his reddening face. His eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard.

Once more she felt that she was the enemy. These swings from most loved to most hated would be the end of her. His states had no greyscale, only the polar extremes existed. She drew in a deep breath, the burning hard stare would last only as long as it took him to think of the most brutally cutting thing he could tear her down with. 

The guard takes Jungkook's arms, as he begins to walk him out the door, leading him to his cell while a third guard walks in accompanied by another prisoner who was smirking at Jungkook.  

Jungkook looked down at the other prisoner, who was trying to log his hands in his pants even with the cuffs on his wrists. 

"Wait," y/n said before letting the guard stop his tracks along with Jungkook.

"Take this With you," y/n said as she handed him a notebook accompanied by a pencil. "You'll need it " 

"I think I miss that it's illegal to give-" the guard spoke.

"It's just a pencil and some papers, it wouldn't do anything  "y/n snapped at him not letting him continue.

Jungkook was still showing his angry knife's eyes to her, while she was trying to avoid it as she pleaded with her eyes to make him take her small gift.

He slowly glanced over his shoulder and met her with his piercing dark eyes, instantly making her breath freeze in her throat. After a long, hard moment of staring, he finally walked out into the prison hall, leaving y/n shaking to the core.

.