Prologue

Khun's Pov

   Humanity is selfish. People have such greedy and egotistical desires. People are violent and malicious. People bring down others as if it would bring themselves up. News flash, your just being a bitch.

   And I've experienced bitches A through Z, from my once close sister and mother to a random stranger. So no need to test me. People betray each other to the point where it's practically instinct built into the human mind and body. Betrayal, manipulation, greed, those are our water, food, and warmth nowadays..

   And lucky me, I'm surrounded by them all day. Yay school.. It wouldn't even matter anyway, I'm cold, selfish, and cunning like the rest of society. Not to even mention awkward. I only have acquaintances from doing projects, nothing more. Ever. Friends were out of the question.

   But it's not like I don't want to have friends, no, it would probably be better for me if I did. But for them, not so much. They'd just be wasting there oh so precious time.

   School and the whole concept is unnecessary anyway. We never learn anything were going to use, and it's not like anyone is going to something so great anyway. I'll ask you this, does calculus teach you how to deal with death and betrayal all at once? Another fucking news flash, it doesn't.

   Thankfully I'm only stuck in my personal hell hole for one more year.. The only good thing about it all is that once I graduate and schools over, I can move out.. well hopefully. As much as I do despise my school, it would be a pain switching schools and houses in the middle of it. And it's not like my father would let me move in the middle of the year, and probably not after senior year anyway.

   Worse comes to worse, I have to plan my grand escape in secret and pray I don't get caught. Everything sucks when your dad's a bitch, all your siblings from your whore of a father are bitches, and even your dead mother. Just fucking welcome to my fantastic life.

   But wait, guess what makes my life all the better? Guess what today is? The first day back at the hell hole! Just fucking great! The only positive thing is I don't have to hide from my family, never mind when I had to see my father during summer.

   Usually, after school I'd sneak over to my little hideout fort thing that I had made deep in the woods behind my house instead of going inside. It's slightly harder to sneak out of the house without being caught by the thousands of vultures that are constantly watching.

   But hey, all of my siblings watch me, but they won't talk to me. It's like they were all mute around me. The would nod, smile, or shake there heads. But talking to me was out of this world. Probably a whole other concept for the small puny minds.

   But back to the point, it's a pain in the ass to sneak out. But it is my safe place. My little place that no one knows of. Where I could feel at ease, even if it was only for a little. I had made my hideout right after my mother had passed away and I had been released from the hospital.

   I had built it because while I was in the hospital, I noticed my father caring less about me and how I was doing, and was more focused on how my mother didn't make it and I did. But not in a good way. Not mourning my mother, not planning her funeral, no, no, no. He was blaming me.

   I had only been 14 years old when she passed away, I saw the blood gush from her head and trickle out of her corner of her mouth, I heard her last words, I saw her take her last breath. The issue was I was still here. Maybe that's why I blamed myself. I made it out and she didn't. I should've died three, almost four years ago. But that's why he blamed me.

   But he was- no is incredibly stupid. He was taking it as if I had killed her with my own bare hands instead. What, did you think I deliberately sent a car flying into ours? What do I have fucking telepathy father? How idiotic he could be.. But hey, to this day, he keeps passing what I thought was the limit.

   So when I was released, I built my safe space. Only to be so very naive to what was about to happen next. Little did I know our family dynamic and morals was to be thrown out the window. If I knew, I would've left then. So to this day, I try and hide from the bloody thirsty beast.

   But I can't disobey father at the same time, he still birthed me and I live under his roof. I'm still not a technical adult, so I can't say 'fuck off' and leave. No, but I was so very lucky. I think I'm just so amazing and fabulous that I'm the only kid that gets his special treatment from good old Pops.

   Oh, lucky me. I just have a fucking blast hiding bruises and cuts, oh and don't forgot trying to wrap broken and fractured bones with bandages since I can't get a cast. And my favorite, covering up black eyes. I think I should be a actor for pretending everything is just great. No, maybe a makeup artist.. I think I could ace both.

   No one notices anything anyways.. I'm your every average day kid. Me, suffering..? Pftt..

In silence.

   But hey, as long as no one knows, I'll be fine. I've endured it this long. I'm practically invincible, not to mention immortal at this point. Who says I can't survive another 200 days?

Well probably me.

   But I can at least make it through my first day. I shouldn't be too broken by the end of the day. Well, not to much. I may just have to do a quick clean up of my face. But hey, one positive is its fall. Long sleeves and pants come in handy. And not just for the cold.