Chapter 12

Khun's Pov

I could see him in the distance and me cheeks were already heating up. God damn it, I just got to calm down. I'm just nervous and need to relax my nerves.

It's just lunch with one aquatence. Just for a single week and then I'm back to just me and the music room.

"Hey, Mr. Khun-" "Just Khun.." "-right. Khun. So where we eating lunch?" Ah, Shoot. I hadn't thought this far.. I was to distracted by my stupid thoughts. God damn it.. So, we can- uh.. wait a minute.

"Wait. Did you tell your friends we were going to be eating lunch together?" He nodded his head, quickly hesitating. He nervously scratched the back of his neck, "Well, I didnt tell them. I told Shibisu and he's supposed to tell them. So I didn't do it myself, he is doing it. I just-"

He looked up at me with exasperated amber eyes. Abruptly bringing his hands down he huffed, "You get the point, I'm just going to stop." With a quick change of mood, a smile enveloped his face. "So! Got an idea on where we can eat?"

I guess I could bring him to the music room. No one goes there at lunch and it's not like he knows I play piano. He doesn't need to know that or anything else about me. No connections.

"I guess we can go to the music room. No ones really goes there.." Bam smiled, marching forward. "Let's go!" I scoffed at his antics, a smirk creeping onto my face.

We walked side by side when Bam began to conserve. "So, do you play any instruments, a fan of music? Or do you just go to the music room to eat lunch?" Ugh.. why does he want to get to know me? I'm nothing but a stupid awkward antisocial boy.

Thats all I am, nothing special.

"I go to the music room to eat lunch.." Welp, I'm not lying. Just- ..twisting the truth. Not telling everything. Just restating.

"Ah, got it, got it. So how is your day?" I- he generally cares. Pftt, haven't gotten that question in years. It was a bit weird how, I don't know, how kind he was.

It's stupid in my opinion.. Always so kind, putting his friends and family before himself. Always checking and and putting forth genuine kindness. But just how far would he go for other? ..It kind of amazing thinking about it. Just kind of..

"It was decent.." not considering the fact of how much pain I'm in. "Yeah.. not to bad. H-how was yours?" It seemed as if a little pep was added to his step and he we took a corner, arriving at the music room.

He strutted forward, the doors swinging open, as if he was a king entering his palace hallway. He strided across the room, planting himself besides the grand piano. With his bento and chopsticks in hand, he began to chow down.

"My day was good! We got more progress done on our project," he shot me a prideful smile that wasn't helping the race of my heartbeat. I took small steps, the clicking of my shoes coming to a stop as I sat down besides Bam.

"Math was good, Mr. Love is a good teacher.. Well, besides the fact that he was eating spicy rotisserie chicken the whole class.. but besides that! All of my other classes went well." He paused, stuffing rice in his mouth.

His eyes strayed away from his food, landing on the piano. He had a fond gaze and a minuscule smile on his face. He looked.. longingly? Almost sad..

"Can you play piano? You never denied it." Eh? Wait, what? He noticed? He paused, looking back towards me. "..Sometimes I hear the music when I walk by the music room. Whoever plays really has skill. Always a mellow but soft and gorgeous tune.."

I could feel heat rise up to my cheeks. Skilled? A gorgeous tune? Maybe, someone else plays..?

"When do you usually h-hear.. hear the g-gorgeous tune?" It's feels so wrong complimenting myself.. I'm not even that good, I still have a long way to go. I shivered at the praise from myself, focusing back on Bam.

His smile had grown, but he still had sad eyes. Why though.. "I usually hear the pianist play during lunch and sometimes, rarely, but sometimes after school when I'm on my way to clubs.."

Shoot. He knows.. Ugh, now I feel bad. Stupid, stupid emotions. "W-well. I can play a little..? I don't know if your hearing me playing but I know how to play some.."

And with that his face light up, sending me a million watt smile. It was blinding how bright, how happy he was.

"Can you play me a piece?" Excitement filled every last word, his amber eyes practically sparkling. Shoot.

"S-sure? D-don't expect anything to good.. Uh, do you have any specific s-song?" Oh god, its been so long since I have played in front of other people. Years! Sure I try and practice everyday, but I haven't played in front of others in so long..

"So you can improvise really any song then? You must be pretty good." Huh? I turned towards him, shooting him a questioning look. How- huh? He gestured towards the piano.

"You said any specific song, so you'd either be improvising, doing it off a limb, or you may know the song. That's really impressive.. But no, I don't have specific song.." I shrugged, hiding my beet red face as I sat down on the oh so familiar piano bench.

"N-no.. im not that good. I just- yeah.." I don't need to explain anything else to him today. I already told him I play piano and I have a sinking feeling that he knows that I'm the one that plays piano. I could've denied it, lied and went on with my day.

But I'm being nice. I'm even playing him a song. Ugh, how can just from a single sentence and I'm at the piano with my fingers placed on the keys. No one in this whole fucking school knows. And Mr. Hmph.. nevermind.

But this random person who I've never seen before strolls right into my life. And hes standing right in front of the soaring high steels walls I've built. He's the first to threaten the structure. And I don't know how to feel.

I- I'm a little scared. Not that I'd ever admit it, but I kind of want a friend.. and he surely isn't helping. But- how do you have a friend without messing it up? I- I feel as if it's useless, who would stay with little me..

I took a deep breath, my gaze buring into the white and inky keys. I'll think about it later, its time to play.. But what to do with this, ..this boy.

he really is messing with my head..