Chapter 16

Khun's Pov

    Almost everyone nodded in acknowledgement, starting up their own conversation with everyone. I slouched back over, nibbling on my bottom lip. My knee and body were really not agreeing with me today. A soft sigh escaped my lips, none of the aching was going to leave.

   But cheerful, Bam piped quickly up, "I called my uncle, he said he'd be here in few." Relived, I nodded, but I couldn't help the bubbling anxiety creeping up my throat. If dad caught me, I'll be in a shit ton of trouble. My muscles couldn't relax, my head throbbed, and my shoulders tense as I waited the arrival of Bam's uncle. All I could do was wait.

    I tried and listened along to the conversation, picking up quick little things from each person. People really said about through their body language. I just focused on that for the meantime, trying to clear my nerve-racking thoughts.

...

    Soon enough Bam called us all along, announcing that his uncle having arrived. Fortunately, everyone had just wanted to send him and I off and they were going to walk home or catch a ride.. But that left only me and him. And I could help but get nervous, giddy? I couldn't place it..

  I stumbled to get up, leaning heavily on the wall. With small shuffles and stumbles I had, well eventually I had reached the music room door with my backpack slung over my shoulder. I was  going to continue forward when an arm slipped around my waist.

    "You really are stubborn.." My face a brilliant burning red, I turned to my side to see who had their arm around my waist. And it was Bam. Of course, and as if it was even possible, I felt my face get hotter at the sight of him.

    "W-w-what the h-hell are you doing?" I murmured, trying to hide my face with my bangs. I chewed at my lip, trying to suppress any yelps as his hand was right next to a new bruise.

   With a few shimmies, he postioned myself next to him and we started to move forward. I would be lying if I said it wasn't easier. With the rest of the group in front of us, we were just a pace behind, sauntering out the school doors.

    A frosty breeze ruffled through my sweatshirt, chills jolting down my spine. We continued forwarded to see a slick black car parked at the curb, the windows just slightly tinted.

    The window rolled down and I could feel Bam beaming brightly at the sight of the lean man. He had wrinkles starting to form at his brows, soft brown almost gray eyes, fluffy brown hair with a lollipop in his mouth.

    He looked towards Bam smiling, and looked at me, almost curiously? Confused..? I couldn't exactly place it.. But before I knew it, Bam had wished everyone off, waving goodbye. And then it was only Bam and I. He helped maneuver me into the car, closing the door shut before I could reach it. I huffed as he jogged around the car, slipping on the other side.

    My eyes shot immediately to the mirror, Bam's uncle looking right at me like he was deep in thought. I tried to smile, it coming out more crooked and awkward than originally planned. I probably looked ridiculous..

   "Uhm.. did you need something?" I piped up, my fingers intertwining with pieces of my pants fabric. It had looked like he had been broken out of a trance with my words. He quickly spoke up in attempt to explain himself, "It's nothing really, you just look alot like one of my old friends. Eduan.. its been awhile since I've since him.."

    "Well, I am his son.." I murmured. And I'm not proud of it. Not anymore. Once, a long time ago maybe, but not anymore. Probably never again. But for some reason, Bam's Uncles lips perked up at the edges. Excited to see the child of that prick.

    "Ah, really..? How is he?" I scoffed under my breath. "He's ok, he is pretty sick at the moment.. But we're doing pretty good." Liar. Lies, lies, lies. How many more will pour out of you mouth? Just got to love hiding and sugar coating everything. No one will ever really know who I am, huh? As if.. I barely know myself..

    "Aww, really? Thats sucks, we were drinking partners back in the day. Same with Bam's and Endorsi's parents. And others. I miss those days.. Maybe if it isn't to bad, we could all atleast meet up. How's the Mrs? She doing alright? Ah, its really been forever since we caught up.."

    My thoughts had all stopped at his words, my throat beginning to choke up. Tears threatened to fall down my cheeks as my eyes glossed over. The slightest mention of mom, and I'm a wreck. ..Just why can't I move on? Why is it so very hard to let go..?

    ".. She's good. She did leave my father though." Not on purpose. It was my fault. "She moved away but still see her from time to time, her and my father are on good terms." My words quiver as each lie escapes my mouth. Lies. Thats all they are.. ..Why are am I even lying? Why can't I just admit she's dead? Mom is dead, just spit it out. Why can't I face the truth..? Why do I tell everyone my life is perfect when it's a living train wreck?

    And that's when it hit me. It was all because it was my fault. "Sorry. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Aguero. Sorry. I'm sorry. Sorry... " Her words echoed throughout my head as I stared out the window, practically burning holes through it with my cold eyes.

    Thats all I was cold, deceitful, and mostly certainly a liar. "Ah, well I glad she's doing well. When you see her, tell her I said hi. Andd-" With a sharp turn we had arrived in the driveway. "Here we are. It was great meeting you Khun. I'll expect to see you around the house more often."

    I couldn't help but get nervous yet smiley over going to Bams house. Friends.. it was a weird concept. To put someone to a high value and to be able to label them friend. ..It took a lot of loyalty. I nodded, giving him a sheepish smile.

    I turned towards Bam, bowing slightly. "Thank you for the ride, I'm sorry for the trouble." He waved me off, the same radiant smile plastered on my face. So genuine it made we want to smile yet puke. It was confusing, he was confusing.

    "It wasn't any trouble at all, we're practically neighbors anyway. And! Calm it down with the falls, your a bit of a klutz!" He giggled, the corners of his eyes wrinkling up. So very genuine.. I dismissed the thought, shrugging. "I don't know if ill be stopping anytime soon." Father, he definitely wasn't.

    I gave both of them my gratitude once again before slipping out of the car, against Bams protest, and hobbled towards the front door. With a quick open, not a single creak to be heard I was greeted with a husky voice.

"Where the hell have you been?"