Chapter 2

Khun's Pov

   I strolled, partially limping into the enormous building. SIU Public High School. It wasn't anything to special, it wasn't a stupid tech, private, or boarding school. I wouldn't have made it into any of the 'smart people' schools anyway.

   I probably would've made a snarky comment or disagreed with teacher to the point I'd get sent to the office or even suspended. It would happen so much that'd they would expel me. But hey, if I'm going out, I'm going to going to go out on the moral high ground knowing I was right. I trudged down the continuous hallways, wincing at each excruciating step.

   Don't let the mask slip, don't let your facade break. Get over yourself and get to class.

   Painfully, I continued down the narrow hallway, slowly but surely arriving at my homeroom. Thank god.. I sighed in relief, entering the classroom. I swore if I had to walk any longer, I'd be walking out of the building. Right out the front door. Hasta la vista! I peered around the room a was our teacher, three chatty girls in the back, and a nerd in the front who was starting directly at the clock. This seems like a fun class..

   I strolled down the isle, slightly biting my bottom lip before taking a window seat. I quietly hummed in delight, relived to take pressure off the wound. I found myself at peace with the quiet chatter as white noise. I eventually shifted my gaze out the window.

   The sun was now present in the sky, lifting just above the horizon. The sky was colored with pinks, purples and oranges. It was gorgeous, not even mentioning the trees. They were colored with reds, oranges, yellows a many. Everything blended together quite nicely, the vibrant colors, the whistling wind. It was calming.. Maybe today won't be to bad..?

   I tore my few away from the window for just a moment to see a few more people had trickled in. Red haired dude I never cared enough about to learn his name, a emo girl who I was positive messed around with vodo magic, and tracksuit.

   Wait. I remember learning his name.. S, sh.. Shib? Shibby? Shi, ..Shibisu! Ah, I remember him. He was my partner for a biology project that took up like half the year. He was very chatty.. Always blabbing about his life and friends. It was hard keeping him on track about the project. But he seemed like he had it nice. Great friends and family, I couldn't help but be a tad bit jealous.

   I sighed, looking down at my desk. I wish I didn't have to be jealous, I wish I didn't care. But I did. I-

   Shivers jolted down my back, I could feel goosebumps littering my arms and legs. I felt like I could feel someone's gaze.. Is someone watching me..? I looked up to see Shibisu looking directly at me, a wide grin on his face. Oh.. Oh no. No, no, no. Please say he doesn't remember me. He can't! It was last year, he had all summer to forget me.. I'm just a inconvenience to him, right?

   He skipped down the isle, taking the seat beside me. I placed my head on my desk, peeking over at Shibisu. He smiled at me with a wide grin, "Its nice seeing someone familiar!" He was so.. Just so cheery..? He was definitely going to take out the last of my energy I had left.. I mentally sighed. Now I have to talk, yay..

   "Nice seeing you again.." I muttered, resting my head onto my arms, peering at the front of the class. I can't believe he remembers me.. Should that be weird? I don't know.. ..I don't people..?

   I- I just don't know. I don't talk with people unless most necessary. Now when I feel like shit, I have to talk to a cheery person who is chatty? You really couldn't have thrown a worst situation at me. When I said I wished that today had thrown a nuke at me, I meant it. I big explodey bomb that goes boom boom. Not Shibisu..