Chapter 4

<Last Chapter>

That was when they heard a bang resonated from the back of the guildhall, you could tell that it was the library door being slammed open as some people got into a ready stance.

<->
(3rd person pov)

Levy came skidding out of the library with a very large thick book in her arms almost half the size of herself "I found it Mirajane, I found it" she yelled catching the attention of the whole guild in the process. "Found what?" Erza asked authoritatively, "well um.." Levy was cut off by Mira "A book to explain what is going on with them, I know whats going on with them cause I'm going through it with fewer symptoms but I needed more information" when she said them she gestured towards the miserable group at the bar.

When she explained that a couple of people's mouths dropped open, Mira flipped through the book that Levy handed her. Mira smiled a bit "ok the five of you plus Levy we are gonna go talk to Master Makarov about this situation, um can someone help Gajeel and I will help Wendy." Natsu and Laxus stood up as they each put one of Gajeels arms over their shoulder and lifted, to them he weighed like normal as they carried him upstairs to the master's office. Mira led Wendy up the stairs, as Levy followed them carrying the book and supporting a dazed Lucy.

Every single person in the guild started talking to each other about what could be happening to six mages but also talking about the different ways the affected were acting. The slayers all seemed to be acting pretty much emotionless, Lucy kept crying and Mira she was just acting like her normal self. The two that did know what was going on, because they lived with Mira, just sat listened and gave small ideas.

Suddenly everyone turned there heads to the guild's doors where they saw a tired and a bit disheveled looking thunder legion, Freeds usually so well taken care of locks of hair was in a messy bun, Bixlows helmet was a bit crooked and Evergreen had no makeup on what so ever. Freed looked around and sighed when he didn't see Laxus anywhere then he noticed all eyes were on them, he looked around "has anyone seen Laxus, we can't find him anywhere", Erza answered him kindly with a small smile about how worried they where for their teammate "Its ok guys he is talking to the Master currently along with the dragon slayers, Mirajane, Lucy and Levy."

Freed looked at Erza before sitting down Bixlow and Evergreen joining him "Why are they all in a meeting?" Most in the guild murmured I don't know or just shrugged. Gray answered this time around "all the slayers and Lucy were acting weird this morning, for example, Gajeel can't fully move on his own, the flame brain kept complaining his mouth was on fire as he ate ice cubes, Wendy seemed to be being pushed by an invisible force, and Laxus kept twitching like something or someone shocked him his hair also looked like someone had rubbed a balloon all over it, but all four of them kept eating and eating like there wasn't enough food in the world, as for Lucy she kept being really thirsty drinking around 26 barrels of water an hour, but also her spirits were fading in and out around her."

Freed just looked puzzled and shocked and started to process and think about all the information he was given mumbling to himself, "I heard of symptoms like those before but where?"

<Meanwhile>

Mirajane knocked on Master Makarov's door, she heard him say come in so she did leading Wendy and having her sit in a chair. Laxus and Natsu walked in lowering a tiny bit out of it Gajeel into a chair, Levy followed them in with the book, Lucy followed a bit dazed as her eyes were puffy and red she sat in a chair they Levy pointed out too her. Makarov looked worried "For Mavis's sake what is happening to my children" Mira looked at the Master before answering "it's that time of year" Levy and Master Makarov knew what it meant but the couple of dragon slayers who were kinda paying attention were confused "That time of they year?" Laxus and Natsu questioned in unison.

Mirajane sighed and opened the book to the explanation "That time of the year as we put it is also known as Mating Season, that is when dragon slayers, takeover mages and celestial mages all start to search for their  soulmate, mates can be separated into to categories Omega which is the submissive or Alpha which is dominant, The only way to find out who your soulmate is, is by kissing them depending on your magic it will feel different, for Laxus he might get shocked, Natsu might feel like he is burning up, Wendy could feel like she lost all the air in her, Lucy would see stars, Gajeel would feel like he ran into a pole, I would feel like a demon is attacking me, once you have kissed soulmate that is when the real symptoms will start up, ok then.."

(TIME SKIP)

Laxus and Natsu looked dumbfounded while Gajeel, Wendy, and Lucy were still totally out of it. Natsu asked Mirajane slowly "How would our mates feel when we kissed them would they feel the same way" Mirajane nodded "yes they would, now we need to go tell the rest of the guild" Laxus and Natsu nodded before Picking Gajeel back up again, Mirajane helped Wendy back up, and Levy helped Lucy. All of them walked out of the room including Master Makarov as he went and stood on the Balcony. Makarov cleared his throat getting the attention of some "LISTEN UP BRATS" that caught the attention of the rest "Our family is going through a time right now called mating season, I want you to be extra careful with them especially these three" he paused and gestured to the three dazed mating season contenders "Does everyone understand me, if they don't wanna explain something leave it be if they need help then help them, I don't want you to treat them any differently cause of this, does everyone understand" everyone either nodded or said a polite 'yes master' he then hopped off the balcony onto the bar.

Laxus, Natsu, Mirajane, and Levy got Wendy, Lucy, and Gajeel situated in a booth, then the two non-dazed dragon slayers sat and laid there heads down, soon everyone at that table was fast asleep. Mirajane and Levy smiled softly as they headed over to the bar, Levy sat in a stool while Mira went behind the bar to take orders.

No one dared to bother the sleeping group, because if they did they knew they would be beaten to a pulp by the three who still were at there senses. Some had to admit it was a bit cute, the booth was big enough that Laxus and the girls were on one side and Natsu was with Gajeel on the other. Why it was cute is the fact that the girls were curled into Laxus and he seemed to be in protective stance while sleeping. While Natsu and Gajeel each had a head on the other as they slept, it seemed all had bonded a bit from this. After a bit the exceeds joined them as Panther lily and Happy curled up between Natsu and Gajeel as they fell asleep, Carla laid on Wendy's lap and after a bit fell asleep. Mirajane went to the bench and took a picture of all of them with her lacrima, Reedus had a similar idea but instead, he painted the group, everyone had small smiles on there faces that they couldn't help.