Chapter 6

(Mirajane pov)

I ran out of the guild remembering about my date, I left my shocked fairy tail family in the guild. I quickly made my way to the house I shared with Lissana and Elfman. Once I had got there I ran to my room and rummaged through my closet to find a nice outfit to wear. In the end, I chose a nice white turtle neck sweater, with a knee-length red skirt and knee-high black boots. Once I had changed I let out a breath of relief glad that I was ready then I checked the time it was currently 7:17, I still had some time till Cana picked me up.

(Cana pov)

I was rushing around the house to get ready as I worried in my mind 'This is it, this is the day you ask her to be your girlfriend, Hopefully, you are her mate so you will be together for the rest of our lives.' I finally found an outfit I wanted to wear, I put on a black crop top, a pair of blue jeans and topped it off with a long black coat that went to my the middle of my upper leg, the coat was gray with red and blue trimmings. I took a deep breath to get composed as I grabbed some flowers that I had bought for Mira and I head out the door.

(3rd Person pov)

Cana walked up to the Strauss family household, she took a deep breath in then knocked making sure there were no dead flowers in the bouquet after she knocked. A couple of seconds later Mira opened the door with a smile, Cana gave her the flowers trying to hide her blush dusted cheeks. Mira smiled and sniffed them "I love them Cana, how did you know Marigold's were my favorite," Cana rubbed the back of her neck shyly "I may or may not have asked Lissana." Mirajane smiled and quickly went and put the flowers in a vase and went back to Cana "Shall we" Cana chose to respond dorkily back "We shall." They both left the house laughing as Cana led them to the restaurant she knew was Mira's favorite.

Once Mirajane realized they were going she squealed a bit, one of the main reasons she loved this restaurant was for their divine deserts. Cana held the door open as Mira walked in, she then followed and asked about their reservation. After a quick wait, they were seated with their menu's Mira smiled "Thank you so much for this Cana, I'm guessing you asked Lissana a lot about me didn't you." Cana blushed a bit "Yeah, I have been slowly asking Lissana stuff for a week or two now" she scratched the back of her neck as she looked at her menu.

<Time skip>

Once they had finished dinner, Cana took Mirajane to the flower park where there weren't many people there so it was nice. After a while of strolling around the flower park Cana stopped and turned to Mira she took a deep breath "Mira I like you, like really like you and I have ever since you became the sweeter version of yourself, I just want you to know that." Mira smiled and looked at Cana and grabbed her hands "I like you too, I have ever since you joined the guild." Cana smiled more blushing a bit then chose to ask politely "Can I?" Mira answered with a small nod, so Cana leaned in and kissed her they both felt something like a slash or punch to the gut.

After they broke the kiss Mira looked shocked, but it was a very happy kind of shock as she jumped and hugged Cana "Your my mate!!" she yelled it really enthusiastically. Cana was a bit taken back but was so happy as she hugged Mira back muttering a quiet "I love you." Once the two stopped Mira looked Cana straight in the eye's "Should we go and tell the guild or do you wanna wait" Cana thought for a sec before quickly giving Mira a peck on the lips "How about we go tell them."

After Cana and Mirajane left the park they had headed to the guild. Cana took a deep breath before they both walked in holding hands when they walked in some heads turned to look at them. What caught other people's attention is when Lissana squealed running over to them, she jumped up and down in front of them "Are you two dating!?" she asked excitedly. Mira gave a small nod which made Lissana squeal more, "Actually she's my mate" Mira had a smug smirk on her face. Lisanna mouth hung open "You already found your mate, wow that was quick I'm so happy for you"

After a while, Cana got settled at the bar, and Mirajane got settled behind the bar. Mira looked over to see that Laxus and Natsu were still asleep, she guessed they would probably be sleeping over. Mira looked around and spotted that the thunder legion and team Natsu were still here, she called the two groups over. Gray, Lucy, Erza, Bixslow, Evergreen and Freed all made their way over to Mirajane, Gray chose to speak up "yes what do you need?" Mira smiled a bit "Hey can you guys stay at the guild and watch over Natsu and Laxus since there in your teams?" Both groups agreed to stay over and watch them.

Once most of the guild had emptied out, Mira went to the back and got some sleeping bags, pillows, and blankets for the two guild teams. Once she had made sure the two teams were comfortable she waved them off and left hand in hand with Cana. They made their way to the fairy hills girls dormitory, they didn't talk just loving each other's silent company. Once they had gotten to the neighboring apartments, they took a quick peck on the lips before heading there separate ways going to bed.