Chapter Twelve 💖

"Yes I am. "Hunter answers them with a huge smile on his handsome face.

The kids stare at him for a while, then look at me then at each other as if communicating, twins ;me and Adrian did it all the time, we communicated with our heads; then they both run towards him.

"I told you he is our daddy "Alex says sticking her tongue out at her brother who just shrugs his shoulders.

"When did she tell you so? "I ask curiously looking at Hunter who is staring at the twins who are on both his legs ,our argument long forgotten or as I think.

"When we were sick ."Xander says playing with his father's tie.

"Can you give me a minute with your mom please, go and play in her office. "Hunter says.

"Okay daddy "they shout and run out leaving a shocked Hunter staring at their retreating figures.

"So what now? " I ask to bring his attention back.

"Mhh what? "he asks confused

"I asked what do you want now after finding out you are a dad? "

"Whose fault is it for me to find out am a daddy now?! "he asks sounding somewhat mad.

"You tell me cause it isn't mine "I say with a serious tone.

"Ooh no you don't get to say that, how long have you known am their dad? "he shouts mad not waiting for a response, he continues "A whole freaking month or maybe you lied about knowing it for a month, maybe for more than a year... "

"STOP! "I shout at him tired of his assumptions.

"I came to know of your existence a month ago through Jake. Stop with what you're trying to say, it doesn't make sense. "

"Or maybe you decided to use the kids against me to get my money, maybe you wanted to be my personal assistant so that you could be closer to me and use my own kids for your selfish,,,, "before he completes that statement, I find my fist connected to his handsome face.

"Wow, that's so low coming from you Hunter. Do you even know who I am? "

"You're Arianna Hayes, I know ,why don't you say why you decided to work as my personal assistant? "

"You know what, stay away from my kids and me you self conceited  cow ."I say and begin walking out being tired of the conversation. "Oh and I quit "I walk out.

"Alex, Xander it's, time to go." I calmly say for the fifth time since I came in , which they are ignoring me.

"But Ma we want daddy ,"A pouting Alex says.

"Ooh no young lady, you'll see him soon enough not now let's go "

"Ma can I stay with daddy today? "Xander happily asks. This kids. They start running around in my office hiding behind and under my desk.

"Alexander Kane-Ian Hayes and Alexandra Kate- Marie Hayes out now?!"I  command the kids who are under the office desk, don't mind their  middle names ,that you can proudly ask     Jake and Adrian.

The kids walk out and run inside Hunter's office .This kids will be the death of me. I'm forced to walk back into the lions den only to find the kids hidden behind his desk.

"Kids it's time to go, say goodbye to Hunter "I say not looking at Hunter who is silent all this while smiling at his kids.

"Mummy can we stay a while longer?"

"No Alex it's time to leave "

"Daddy can you ask mommy for us please? "Alex says to him.

He looks at me with a satisfied grin on his face and sarcastically asks "Mommy dearest can they stay a bit longer with their father? "he says stressing on the word father.

I have the worst headache, my kids are not helping the situation, their daddy is glaring at my pretty face as he waits for my answer.

"Do you want to go home with mommy or stay here? "I ask hoping they would say they wanted to come home with me .

"Here with daddy "they happily say, my heart breaks a little for them choosing him over me, I'm their mom, they've been with me since they were kids, and only a month after meeting Hunter they chose HIM over me! Am I overreacting?

"Okay then " I say dejectedly a traitorous tear falling down my cheek which Hunter sees and I begin walking out.

"Arianna! "he calls me back which I just ignore and run towards the elevator. I ignore Adelle calling my name and run towards my car tears streaming down my face. I don't know if I'm angry or sad. I arrive home ten minutes later and lock, myself in my room crying.