Chapter 1: The Forest

In the edges of the human population of the island of Spilit, lies a forest. And in this forest lies many creatures, great and small, with plants bright and tall. But, the most unique creatures in this forest, live on the opening in the middle of the forest, humans. Only two humans lived in the forest, and yet here they are, scaring away any animal that once saw what they could do. They would massacre the largest animals in the forests, and climb the highest trees to get the highest hanging fruit, just for the sake of it.

The two humans were actually son and father, and they went by the names of Adonai, and Nox. Adonai, the father, was someone that could only be described as a monster in human clothing. He was viably above 6 foot, and had the muscle to spare. He was the strongest presence in this forest, and it was obvious, as he could topple trees, and could obliterate animals with only his bare hands.

However, despite how much of a monster he is, like all humans, not that savage monster all the time, and only shows it when he deemed it necessary. His presence was very black and white: sometimes he is the kindest being, and sometimes, he is the cruellest of all the animals. Well, cruel to all but one creature...

And that creature is his son, Nox. Nox wasn't the visible monster his father Adonai was, but he certainly got the skills of one. Nox grew up in this forest, and was exposed to many dangers whilst training and hunting alongside his father, facing near-death experiences, to the point that he wasn't baffling an eyelid at them, almost welcoming them. He faced dangers that any child shouldn't experience at his age (Nearing the teens) The forest has exposed him to many things, and with his fathers guidance, he grew to be a thriving, natural hunter. He was a diamond in the rough, but he was constantly polishing to shine the most.

It was the middle of the day. Primetime for hunting. Adonai led the search, mainly because his legs were towering over Nox, and was naturally faster than his son, so Nox had to constantly so catch up, which was certainly a good warm-up, until Adonai stopped in his tracks, and gasped a "What? Why is that there?" face, and signalled his son to come to him, to which he did. Both of them crouched, and Adonai pointed into the darkness of the forest, where the trees enveloped the surface with darkness, only allowing a small amount of sunlight to pass through the leaves of the massive trees.

"Look, Nox" Adonai whispered, as he pointed into a rustling bush, which was shaking at an aggressive rate.

Seeing a possible threat in that bush, Nox immediately readied himself for combat, as he was taught to by Adonai, but he immediately feels a hand on his chest, as his father clearly wanted him to stay, and listen to what he had to say. "Do you know what that is?"

Nox looks at him, as if to say 'What do you mean? It's an animal in a bush', but replied with a genuine shake of his head, knowing that his father has a deeper meaning to this that he isn't seeing at the moment.

Adonai keeps his eyes locked to the rustling bush, and starts his lecture on Nox's newest prey. "That's a bush camper. They are tricky things, as they run when they sense danger, and their body is barely visible, so you have to finish it in one shot, or you lose it."