Chapter 2: The capital

It has been a few years since Nox donned his weapon of choice, and he has grown to be a more mature age. He has only gotten better with his hunting, and his fighting skills, all thanks to his father, Adonai.

Nox was a master of the claws now. Although he did continue to use other weapons, he always chooses his claws as his go-to. But today was the day they would leave - leave to the capital, where 'Big things are going to happen' as Nox remembers his father saying. Not that he could understand that, mainly because he couldn't think of a reason to go to this capital in the first place. Nox has only had human contact with his father, so it will certainly be an experience worth having. Knowing this, his father spent these years teaching him the customary traditions of human culture in the capital, so he doesn't look like a potato when interacting with anyone else, but Nox will be fine or his arrival, Adonai made sure of that.

The sun was rising from the horizon, and Adonai went to pick up Nox from his bed, as he was recently pushing himself, knowing that it would only be a few days until he would leave his home place, so he made sure to have a few more visits at personal favourite locations in the forest, and whilst meeting some powerful animals that would be impossible to best for Nox a few years ago, but now, he was able to handle them in a admirable time. Not as fast a his father, but that's not the point.

So, the time has come for Nox and Adonai to journey to the capital, and leave the forest behind, although Nox was a bit sad that he would leave his home, he was excited for the mysteries that were new places and people. Adonai had a mixed expression on him as he traversed a path he took to get to the forest so many years ago. But he had a face that had a sense of duty, and it also looked like he was determined to complete his task.

The trip took a whole day. It was covered by the scorching sun, but the son father duo went affected by it, their stamina was simply that abundant. The surprising thing was the trip was filled with nothing but planes of short grass. Must be some sort of magic or animal that frequently grazed. But after the long tread, it came into sight. Massive stone towers with pointed tops. Besides the towers, was an equally massive stone wall that could stop even the largest beast in the forest From what Nox could see, it was formed in circular formation Mainly because of the fact that the wall was bent to looked like that.

(Of course, Nox couldn't see all of that, but here is the idea of the capital)

Nox's breath was taken away as he witnesses something that was infinity larger than the cosy cottage they lived in. As he continued to inspect the towering building, he saw them. Humans. Humans other than his father. His head was brimming with curiousness, as he wondered who they were, why they were here, and many, many other things. Adonai took this moment of wonder from Nox, as he leaned over to him, and whispered:

"Stay quiet, I'll handle all the talking" Adonai was stern and commanding, and Nox replied with a nod that understood the obvious.

They approached the gate looking part of the wall, where the soldiers were positioned, as they looked at the father-son duo in confusion, then they suddenly pulled out their weapons. This didn't stop Adonai, as he continued, but now Nox was slightly behind his father as the dangerous meat shield he was. Then Adonai stopped right in front of the soldiers, and simply said "Let us in" At this point, you could hear the Armour the soldiers aggressively shaking in utter fear of the monster of a human. But one brave - or foolish - soldier started to ask questions to your father. But even before he could start his question, he gave a more concentrated gaze, and then a gasp of air. He probably needed that after all the worrying panting coming from all the soldiers.