Interval II: The Demon Who Wept

It was the start of that fateful day, and Lilith was on her usual duty of cleaning, and facilitating the needs of her master. However, Adonai wasn't one to make people do the things he could do, leaving Lilith to do little, which made her uneasy. She has grown to be a true servant: Always looking to find the next thing to do for the sake of the one she serves. At the moment, Adonai was out doing something completely unknown to Lilith, but she trusted him enough that he wouldn't get himself in any kind of trouble. But that didn't matter at the moment, she was focusing on doing her duties, as contracted.

After a considerable amount of cleaning and other little chores, she took to the kitchen, to take a tea break, which she always found refreshing and helped her pace herself, and stop he from overworking. During said break, Adoani returned to his home, and went to the kitchen immediately to see Lilith.

"Having your break? Wow, time flew for me, and I only just noticed."

"What do you have in your hands, might I ask?" Adonai had bags in his arms, presumably food for the next few days.

"The usual. This merchant also gave me this special liquid, saying it was a prototype for a new beverage. Talk about luck!"

"How suspicious"

"I trust him. I have been seeing him since I came back, and he was a friend when I was here originally." Although Lilith doubted this, she couldn't doubt Adonais confidence.

"Well, at the very least, let me handle some of that. I've just finished my break." Lilith rushed to try and take one of the bags, and Adonai gave it to her. It was rather heavy for its appearance, but nothing Lilith can't handle.

"Hey, remember Nox doing that duel today? Is he gonna be alright you think?"

"I would be very worried if your training prove to bear no fruit"

"That is true. Huh, no idea why I had that thought."

"It's because behind the warrior you are, you are a father. You should try to act like one sometimes beside training."

"Well, I guess you're right. I mean, you have been the perfect replacement for something like a big sister, or mother for him."

"While I'm not sure that's true, I'll take the compliment."

After sorting out the food and the kitchen, Lilith went to look after the house again. It was a fairly routine day, and after sorting out the bedding of the young master's room, she defended down the stairwell, and heard a crash in the kitchen. She Immediately flew into the kitchen at great speeds, to see Adonai on the floor, having some sort of seizure. She rushed to his side, but he was still, beside the eyes the followed Lilith.

"Adonai! What happened? Adonai! Talk to me!" Lilith, the cool-headed maid was starting to lose that coldness, and was panicking, hands shaking and her head was scattered all across the place, unable to finish a coherent thought before thinking of another one. Form what, to who and to how and many other thoughts.

Adonai didn't say anything, but he did move his hand to her cheek, almost in recognition of the situation he was in, and accepted his fate. After a solid few seconds, the hand fell limp, and he stopped blinking. At this point, Lilith was bursting her eyes out with tears, forgetting everything besides the time she spent with her master. She couldn't stop, as she was reminded of the fact that she has lost a lot, and she couldn't stop it. She couldn't bear losing someone else precious to her. After recovering from these thoughts, she saw Nox in the doorway, panting, from what seemed to be the running.

Both of you were sad throughout the rest of the day. It was soul-crushing to see Nox act like the child he was, saying things he hates, and the fact that his father couldn't die. Childish thoughts like that moved Lilith, possibly because of the fact she spent so much time trying to fix that attitude with her lessons.

It was like that for the rest of the day, both with tea at hand, silently drinking, and silently morning, with the occasional tear pushing through the tightly shut eyelids. The atmosphere was shattered, when the loud banging was head, and both of them rushed to see Mythril. Lilith knew little of Mythril, only what Nox told her. She knew that Mythril knew Nox's true identity, but was as puzzled as Nox was when she said that she would keep it a secret. But it seemed she played a bigger role in Nox's life.

Ine second, she was morning, the next, she was rushing through an alleyway with her master, and only friend, but went along with it. Because it seemed that Nox knew what he was doing. He told Lilith to think of the image of the balcony, and she realised that she was very weak in the legs, and everywhere else followed. The rest was a daze, she could only see darkness, but with purple flames surrounding Lilith as she walked into nothingness. The flames almost seemed...Regal if she were to describe them. Not sure why, but that was the first word that came to mind.

Soon, she started to see light, and was tired from what seems to be an eternity walking or sitting. But she opened her eyes to see the imager Nox described, and it was to a tee. But she then caught the sight of the same flames she saw in her days envelop something she couldn't see, but what she heard was Nox's scream of what seemed to be like pain. This woke her up immediately, as she tried to reach Nox, but was still quite stiff from the unfavourable position she was resting. But as she recovered. The flames vanished, and she saw Nox again.

But the instant she did, she moved without thinking to kneel. It confused Lilith, as she wanted to rush to his side. She tried to speak, but it was tight shut it loosened, and she let loses a torrent of question, not even moving her body whilst asking. Lilith saw Mythil from the corner of her eye waking up, and like Lilith, she was in the dazed, question heavy state, but her body wasn't kneeling like Lilith. But all of a sudden, a voice told Lilith to raise her head, and all of a sudden, she could move again, and rushed to Nox. As she approached, she slowed down, until she froze, and was physically impossible to move. The voice that was talking throughout this, and until now she decided to focus on it, to realise who it was. It was the devil! For so long, the demons mourned the loss of their divine being, only to see that he was being hidden right under the God's nose! Lilith sensed a feeling of pride that she was being talked to by her deity. And after hearing her young master became something equal to the humans archangels. She was convinced she was dreaming. So much was happening that day, that it must have been. Especially when Mythril suddenly became the perfect demon queen.

But it was all real. She was left speechless. She couldn't handle all of this at once, but was snapped into reality when she heard her master say,

"Come, Lilith. Let's go home" To which she made a surprised response, and then proceeded to return to her previous home, with some very interesting developments. Some amazing and fascinating, some very depressing. But in the walk, she came to accept, and try to move on as quickly as possible.

Looks like Adonai was right after all this time. Big things really are happening here. And some of those big things were witnessed by her first hand. She wasn't sure what the future held, but she knew it would be at her master side. To make sure that he doesn't share the same fate as his father or mother. That she swore. That she knew was another purpose to serve Nox