Chapter 6: The Perfect Demon Queen

After the many events of that day, it was nice for Nox, Mythril and Lilith having another warm beverage, in a much lighter atmosphere after the past events. Mythril was on the opposite side of the two, who was sipping quite a bit of her tea, and starts talking.

"First thing first. I'm sorry for the loss of your father. I was shocked when you told me it was THE Adonai! But... I guess it doesn't matter now. I swear I'll stay with you. I might not be as good as him, but I'll damn well try to do my best for you."

"Why are you saying this? You know, ever since you didn't snitch on me, I was curious about who you exactly were. Who are you Mythril?"

The room was silent besides the occasional sip.

"Guess there's no escaping this. I'll tell you only once and once only." Mythril clears her throat, preparing herself for the things she was log in to say.

"Well, first of all, let's start at the beginning of the story."

"That's... Where you usually start a story?"

"Quiet. It all started with my father. He was originally a travelling merchant, selling his wares, and getting through his day, until he hears a voice. A voice that says that his daughter will be 'The chosen one'. Most called him mad, but some told him to go to the capital, and prove his faith."

"Faith? Aren't merchants notorious to be Athiest?" Lilith was quick to respond. It seemed that Lilith was a lot more alert than usual, but Nox couldn't blame her after what happened today.

"Yes, but after that voice, who he thinks is the voice of the God in the capital, he became a devout believer, and was truly mad because of it. Especially when he started to commit to the faith, when the 'Chosen one' was changed to 'future archbishop of the religion'"

"Archbishop? As in..."

"Yes, Nox. Future queen. I was 'destined' to rule. Well, not anymore. But after finding his wife, they had me. And they rejoiced. Not because of the new life, but because of the fact they parented a future ruler. And it was like that for my whole life. My father at the time and at this moment holds a monopoly over most businesses, and teaches me all about kings and queens, and how to behave, whilst my delusional mother hammer the faith into my head. It was painful to exist. Every day, I would be forced to resist that... Brainwashing! I was hell in my room they locked my up on! Well, I learnt, but I never believed in anything those sociopaths told me. And when I learnt how to use a sword, I was forced to the school, and the treatment there was horrible. They didn't see me as Mythril. They saw me as a future archbishop. They only wanted my status and body and nothing more. And who wouldn't hate that? But then, my light in the tunnel came."

"That would be Nox"

"Yeah. It was refreshing to see a new face, and to my luck, he had no idea who I was!"

"Uh, yeah, I'm right here you know?" Nox gave quite the disappointed face, but couldn't help smiling as Mythril was letting out everything about her. The fact she was sharing everything was impactful to Nox, as he was it as she trusted him.

"Sorry. Right. The best part about you were those claws I hear so much about. But after I saw them in action, I thought they were beautiful. Especially with your fighting form."

"Why thank you"

"Please be quiet for the duration of this. Final warning." After then, Nox promptly shut up listening as carefully as ever.

"Well, I couldn't tell on you. I could only see you as my key to freedom, so I had to get closer to you. And well, after today, my plan has come into fruition. Thank you."