Part 4

Two months later, JJ is back early from leave. Emily's first question is if JJ can drink. The blonde laughs and says she can as long as she has time to plan around Henry's feeding schedule so she can just throw out the milk that might have alcohol in it. Emily announces a night out to the team for that Friday, and Rossi, mercifully, says it'll be on his tab.

You all plant to meet at a bar around 8:30, leaving you with plenty of time to get ready before. You shoot Reid a text while you're making yourself dinner, asking if he went out much in college. He responds that he's never gone out much-ever. It doesn't take much convincing to get him to come down and hang out with you.

"Getting ready with people is like half the fun of going out!" you tell him as you plate some of the pasta you made. He's good company, even if he doesn't believe in your getting ready theory. You leave music playing in your bedroom while you get ready in the ensuite. You leave the door open while you do your hair and makeup and chat with Reid, who's taken up camp on your bed. During a lull in the conversation, you poke your head out into the bedroom.

"You up for tequila shots?" You grin at him.

You have to teach him the salt and lime bit, but he does a far better job of taking tequila shots than you did your first time. Two shots later, and you're both laughing in the backseat of a taxi. The bar has a relaxed atmosphere, but you still drink more than you normally would. Everybody's in a good mood celebrating JJ. In a job with so many tough days, a celebration is precious. A couple hours with the team and the two of you hail a cab on the street. It's a cold January evening, and you're glad to have Reid to hold onto as you shuffle across the slushy pavement.

Back at your building, you practically drag him off the elevator insisting he come into your apartment. A bottle of wine is opened, and before you know it, You both end up on the kitchen floor chugging water. Occasionally, you hand your glass to Reid, who is leaning against the fridge, so he can fill it some more.

When you're considering sleeping on the floor, he cups his hands around your face.

"y/n. We gotta get off this floor. We gotta-" he looks dazed for a moment. "We gotta get to bed."

His urgency is infectious. You nod and try not to puke when he pulls you to your feet. Making it to the bedroom is a great accomplishment. He flashes you a proud smile and you giggle.

Onto the next bit. Pajamas seem too far away. The answer is clear to you. You wiggle out of your jeans and unclip your bra from under your top. Reid loses his shirt and pants. You both crawl into your bed. The room is spinning around you and you lay in silence for a while before a thought strikes you.

"Reid." you roll over and whisper. He doesn't respond, so you pull yourself up and straddle his chest.

"Everything is-" he mutters, opening his eyes "-moving".

"I know." you murmur.

The thought strikes you again.

"Reid, d'you think-ok, so, children?"

"What?" he says.

"D'you wan' em'" you slur out.

"Yeah, yeah. More than anything." He props himself up on his forearms, bringing his face closer to yours. It's dark, but you can make out his features when he's this close.

"Me too! But-look at Hotch! An' Will wanted Jayge to quit-" you struggle for the words. "You can have love, or the job, or kids. Pick two, but you can't have em' all."

He closes his eyes again, but you're not giving up on your idea.

"What if you already had kids?" you propose.

"What?" He says, eyes opening again.

"Ok, like, you're my best friend. And if we had a baby together- but we date other people. We already have the kid. A baby can't ruin marriage if you already have it."

"What about the BAU?"

"We keep our jobs. Look- this way we can have all three." You've leaned in so far that your faces are practically touching.

"It's a good idea, but righ' now, I really just want to sleep" He tells you.