5 - Friends Are Important

Bennet POV

Ash was sitting next to me at lunch while I copied her notes so that I could study them later. That's when Jet walked over. Her silky smooth voice left her mouth, and I watched as she stopped in front of me and plopped down in a seat.

"Hey Bennet! How's class been? What's your favorite so far?"

I stared at her thinking about how cute she was until I heard Jessi answer her for me.

"Oh, Bennet here? She's been out of it all day. For some reason, she seems to have lost her voice and, as a matter of fact, her mind! She won't pay attention in class, she won't eat, and she hasn't spoken to Ash or me all day!" Jessi huffed and lay her head on Jamie's shoulder, making Ash glare at her. I guess someone was mad, huh?

Which one?

I chuckled nervously and shot back, "I have to! I ate this morning! I know that we, uh, learned about, um, the... uh, revolution during history? And um, the other classes are... interesting?" I couldn't focus due to Jet smirking at me. I think I butchered that explanation, but at least I was able to talk without hiding from the goddess staring at me.

"Is that so, mate?" The way she said 'mate' sounded like two tractor trailers crashing head on; I knew there was trouble. Jet turned away from me and shot a scalding glare at Jamie and raised one of her sexy eyebrows.

I knew Jamie would crack because Jet looked scary as hell right now. I wasn't sure if I was scared or turned on, honestly.

Jet's gaze flickered to me, boasting a small smirk before she focused back on Jamie.

"Well, no. You see, she well, she did sort of pay attention? If you count, staring at the whiteboard uselessly and drawing circles paying attention? And she has eaten. Look, she ate an apple and a piece of toast!" The more Jamie talked the scarier, the look on Jet's face. I wasn't all that surprised when Jamie sank back in her seat and wimpered at the end.

I sighed and tried getting Jet's attention. I set a hand on her shoulder and rubbed gently. "Now, come on, babe. I will eat at dinner or something. Could you please leave my friends alone? They tried to get me to eat, so in all honesty, you should be turning that glare on me."

I soon regretted saying that because she smirked and licked her lips before turning her head towards me.

"Oh yeah? You want me to look at you like this?" She raised her eyebrow again and gave me her glare. I suddenly felt very hot and squirmy. Ugh, why did I open my big mouth? Her face is so sexy, but yet cute! She purred in my ear, "Will you eat if I told you to? Would it help if I fed you, hm?"

I shook my head before quickly grabbing my fork and stabbing a piece of chicken.

I sighed and relaxed in my seat when she removed her gaze from me. I picked at my lunch and suddenly felt her hand on my leg. I squirmed under her once again and felt the heat rise up to my cheeks.

Jamie and Jessi were talking about some random topic, but Ash gave me a small smile and waved. I instantly turned even redder. People can see us. Anyone could be watching us at this point. Do I want to show off what we have, or should we take our relationship slow in front of others?

I think Jet could tell that something was bothering me because her hand on my thigh settled on my shoulder and rubbed comforting circles by my neck, right over the top portion of her mark. I sighed in content and leaned into her hand.

Jamie laughed with a hand over her mouth before saying, "Bennet, you look like a content kitten. Are you comfortable?"

I immediately shot a glare at her before glancing at Jet. She looked divine. I loved her features and her personality so far. I hope she doesn't turn out to be one of those horrible mates people read about because she is so perfect.