→four←

- jaemin pov

arrive at the cafe, we went straight to the counter and order some drinks. noona's shift hasn't started yet, so she's sitting with me on the table.

"so, jaemin." she start making me look at her.

"for the photography class project. what are you planning on doing?" she asks. I clear my throat.

"probably something doing with a coffee and friends. since the project is about things you love the most." I say making her nods. "that's good!"

"but, noona. what are you gonna assist us with?" she looks at me and answers.

"I'm assisting you guys with everything. one of it is, finding what do you guys love the most. not everyone knows what they love the most, so, they can talk about it with me. and we will find it."

"ouhh,.. so you have nothing to help me with." the last sentence come out as mumbles. I look down to my hands under the table.

"what did you say?" she asks. I look at her and smile. "no, it's nothing." I wave my hands denying her.

her eyes narrowed and lift her eyebrow.

"uhuh?"

"noona, it's true. I was just talking to myself." I say.

"if you insist." she says then drink her coffee and I do same.

there was a silence taking over both of us.

"noona, can I ask you something?" she look up to me. "of course, what is it?" my eyes were looking at my hands back under the table and back to the table, everywhere but mirae-noona.

"do you,... perhaps."

"yes, nana. what is it?"

I took a deep breath

"do you have a boyfriend..."

"i—"

"sorry, nana. I couldn't hear what you said just now." she says.

hekk, why noona, why??!!

I bet my ears has gotten red by now.

"do you have a boyfriend?"

she looks at me. surprised. but then, her turn to be blushing. I smile at the view in front of me.

"I, I don't have one." she says.

yahhoooo!!! line clear.

getting confident, I proceed with the next question.

"so, do you like someone?" I ask leaning closer to the table. she blush harder to the question.

wait, this looks bad. no, please, don't

"kind of."

nOoOoOooO!!!!!

I fake a laugh covering what is inside me. ah, my hearteu! it have been broken.

"who is it?" I ask making her look at me.

"can I tell you?"

"of course, you can tell me everything, from a to z. I'm all ears." I'm regretting myself. she clears her throat, getting the redness go away from her face.

"so,... there is this guy. he always come to our cafe. at first, I was like, he's just a regular customer.

I don't know his name, his age, his number, well, simply nothing. not even my co-workers know anything about him.

I always saw him everyday, but one day, he didn't show up.

at first, I thought maybe he's busy, that's why he couldn't come. but it went for months and I got weirded.

I don't know why when I don't see him, I feel like my days didn't went that good as how it usually went when he still came.

even my friends realized the change of my mood. that's when I realized that I have a feeling for him." she stops and look at me.

"sorry, I was ranting about this to you. you may not be interested in my boring life–" she apologizes but I cut her off.

"no, you can tell me." I smile reassuringly. even though I'm still broken by the silent rejection, I must hide it. I need to make sure that guy is suitable for this angel.

"really?" she asks cautiously.

"of course! so, tell me. did you see him again?" I ask and she nods. rose spread up to her cheek again. aaghhh!!! noona, stop being so cute!!!

"yes, he came again recently. I feel like the light finally shine again to my world when I saw him." she says eyes not even meeting mine. I could make it that guy sure has done something to mirae-noona.

I shift uncomfortably on my seat as I ask her, "do you know anything about him now?"

she nods again, but now her eyes were looking at me. she smiles and answers. "he told me his name and his age."

"oohh,... interesting. spill the tea."

she shakes her head. "no, I've spill so much to you." I pout.

"it's not enough. I need to make sure that he is suitable for you." I told her but she shakes her head side to side again.

(and boy, you got me walking side to side. ignore me)

"no, no. your turn now. I know nothing about you, so, tell me. from the beginning to the end." she says. I sigh in defeat.

"I don't have a lot of interesting things in my life. and fun fact, I've never had a crush." I say. smiling at the last sentence.

I'm hurt.

"really?? sigh, you're no fun." she says making me laugh at her.

"actually, I'm fun. jeno is the one who isn't."

"whatever you say, nana." she says then take a sip of her drinks. I did the same too.

we continue to talk about random things. until she finally needs to get to work since her shift is going to start soon. we also change our numbers too.

I'm going to find out more about that guy.