Chapter 3 - Who is Hajime?

Izuru was walking around aimlessly, down the empty hallways of Hope's Peak Academy. It's was unnaturally unoccupied for it being daytime.

Before he knew it. He reached to the front of the founder's statue. He then went to open the secret entrance and walked down the stairs that opened up for him.

He quickly reached an empty room with a few screens and posters hung up. Suddenly he could feel the presence of another person in the room and quickly turned around to see the very same student who Yukizome~sensei asked him about.

"Who are you?", Izuru asked narrowing his eyes at the student.

"I am Hajime Hinata, or in other words, the person you used to be", Hajime said with a neutral expression.

"So that's why you look so similar to me", Izuru calmly observed.

"Yes, and I am here to ask for your help", Hajime said with a small smile.

"What do you need?", Izuru still looked at him in an intimidating manner.

"I want you to tell Chiaki that I am fine. You have already met her, haven't you? I hadn't gotten the chance to apologize to her, so can you please tell her not to worry for me?", Hajime said while slightly looking down. Now that Izuru was observing him, he saw that hinata was wearing something similar to a robe or hospital gown.

"I suppose I could do that for you. But what would I tell her if she asks how I know you?", Izuru sighed slightly. He took his past self's request into consideration to pay him back for creating Izuru.

"I guess you could tell her that, I am a distant cousin who you didn't know about until your dad introduced. It would also make sense with what you said to Yukizome~sensei", Hajime said, maintaining his small smile.

"You're still aware of everyone and everything outside despite not having control of your body?", Izuru raised an brow slightly.

"Ah yes, I guess that the scientists didn't completely repress or erase my consciousness which caused me to know everything you think and do", Hajime said, laughing slightly as he lightly scratched his cheek.

"I see", Izuru felt somewhat strange to be talking to someone he used to be and stayed silent.

"Hey Izuru, do you mind me visiting when you sleep? I could help you find ways to get along with everyone in school!", Hajime smiled at him.

"I suppose that would be convenient", Izuru sighed softly.

"Great! Well I'll see you soon! It's near your waking time", Hajime waved.

With that said, the world began to fade into white and he slowly opened his eyes to the darkness of his school provided dormitory, with the only window being covered by curtains and blocking the sunlight.

He slowly got up and began to get ready for school. As he was dressing himself in front of a mirror, he kept thinking about Hajime. He began to wonder about his own past and why Hajime decided to leave it behind. Hajime had confirmed his suspicions when it came to the weird emotions he would feel when talking with Chiaki.

He was soon prepared for school and went over to the main building where his class was. Since he was neither late, not early, he quickly ran into few of his classmates on the way. He tried to leave the conversation as soon as possible to be by himself when he suddenly felt a tiny figure behind his foot.

It was a small hamster. The hamster seemed to be scared and looking for it's owner. Izuru immediately remembered about one of his classmates, Gundham Tanaka,  who also owns hamsters. Perhaps he would know about who the owner is. With that thought, he picked up the small hamster and went to find his classmate.