Chapter 9 - What Now?

Just like everyday, things were normal at Hope's Peak Academy. Nothing seemed out of place by the gates where students rushed in to get to school early and spend time with their friends.

Amongst the crowd, wild strawberry blonde hair could be seen poking out. Junko, who had her hair tied its usual pigtails stared at her phone screen. As she walked amongst the crowd of students a handful could be seen gawking at her for her breathtaking looks. However, the fashionista paid them no mind as she grinned her teeth inwardly before her lips quickly settled into their usual despairful grin.

Some students who noticed the expression shivered in shock but yet again, Junko continued her walk with no regard for their reactions. She was deep in her own thoughts.

Seeing the footage of what went down at dormitory which was sent by her sister, Junko felt somewhat angered at the grey haired swordswoman who had interfered with Junko's plan. This made Junko happy, as she could despair over the failure of her plan. It brought her immense happiness.

Of course the despair was short lived and replaced with amusement as she noticed Mahiru's reaction to Mura lashing out and nearly killing her. Seems like she would be able to spread despair to this school filled with hope after all. The thought made her want to laugh out loud yet she refrained from doing so as she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Angry at being pulled away from her thoughts, she reluctantly turned around only to see her raven haired sister. She scoffed quietly as she tried to put on a smile, aware that they were in public and she needed to keep her image.

"Yes, Mukuro~niichan?", she asked mustering a sweet smile.

At that Mukuro visibly blushed a bright pink. The soldier stuttered with her response as she spoke.

"J-Junko your hand is injured. Let's go to the nurse for some ailments.", Mukuro said as she avoided looking at Junko in the eye, her voice being feeble and gentle in contrast to her cold looks.

Junko then noticed how she had been digging her long nails deeply into her hand and how badly she pierced her skin as blood began dripping down from her palm. The pigtailed student found it difficult to maintain her composure as a small rush of despair ran through her from the pain she felt. She knew it wouldn't last for long which is why she tried to embrace in the best way she could.

She then walked to the bathroom with her sister following behind as she finally let out a grin and giggled, a light blush dusting her face. Mukuro looked on at her sister, knowing fully well what the strawberry blonde was feeling.

All too suddenly, the grin disappeared as Junko was now pushing up glasses, her hair suddenly in a ponytail. Mukuro stayed silent as Junko took out her phone from her pocket and flipped it open, showing Mukuro the footage from last night.

"Our plan, may not have gone as intended but I know just how we can escalate this situation to bring more and more despair.", the analyst giggled.

"Kamukura~senpai may not have agreed to work with us but I know this will definitely make him realize just how unpredictable despair is. Just how wonderful it would feel to have the fire of hope get blown out.", Junko smiled as her eyes appeared to glow maliciously.

"And this.. will be the component which will help us", she said as she paused the video and showed the screen of her phone to her sister.

Mukuro stayed at the screen in shock before smiling, feeling happy for her younger sibling.

---------------------------------------------------------

When Izuru walked into the classroom, he could immediately tell that something was not right.