Chapter 5 - The Unlucky Luck

The bright light of the sun and the different hues of a light blue painted the sky. Ready to greet the new day after Chisa's birthday surprise. Hope's Peak hustled and bustled just like everyday making everything seem normal. However, many were soon to find out that it was anything but that.

Amongst the crowd, walked Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Lucky Student. Almost ironically, however, he was covered in cat scratches, had paint splattered on his face, fruits were shriveled and crushed on his hair, dying them slightly red. Despite all this, Nagito seemed to be in a very good mood as a bright smile plastered his face.

"K-Komaeda~san! Are you okay??", Nagito heard a girl's voice call out from behind him.

He stopped and turned around to see the Ultimate Princess, Sonia Nevermind. She looked rather concerned seeing his current physical condition. She walked up to Nagito with the grace truly befitting of a princess. She then proceeded to help him pick off the shriveled fruits and throwing them to the ground.

"Ah, Sonia~san, you're too kind. I feel honoured to receive such gracious help.",Komaeda said with a grateful smile.

"It was no problem Komaeda~san but please go to the infirmary! I know that Tsumiki~san wouldn't mind fixing your injuries", Sonia said with her polite bright smile.

Just as she was about to pick off the last of the fruit pieces from Komaeda's hair, Sonia was interrupted by Kazuichi's shouting.

"Sonia~san! What are you doing? Your precious hands shouldn't have to be touching such horribly crushed fruits!", Kazuichi exclaimed from far away. He instantly walked over to Nagito and Sonia. Just as Kazuichi reached them, Sonia huffed slightly in annoyance and turned around to walk to class ignoring Kazuichi.

Nagito being long forgotten in the scene, just sighed with a smile as he continued to walk. He quickly came to a stop in front of the school infirmary, taking Sonia's words into consideration. He gave a slight knock and waited for the infirmary doors to open. However, no one answered. He tried again but once again, no response. Getting a little impatient, Nagito headed to his classroom to see if Mikan could help.

He slid the classroom door open and looked around but it seemed as though Mikan wasn't there. Expecting this, (As Mikan was usually very late) he sat down in his desk quietly. Most of the class being used to Nagito's disheveled appearance occurring from his luck, didn't really bother to stare at him too much.

Nagito looked around the class to observe all his classmates who had such beautiful talents and hope. He particularly stopped at Izuru's desk. It was rather unusually empty. Izuru usually came rather early after all.

From there, Nagito reflected on his first time meeting Izuru. To Nagito, Izuru showed the greatest amount of hope compared to anyone. He even beat the Ultimate Gamer! Nagito then got the feeling that Izuru was most definitely hiding something about his talent and Nagito was determined to find out.

"Komaeda~san! Didn't you go to the infirmary?", it was Sonia again, looking concerned.

"Ah, I did. But there was no one there. How unlucky right?", Nagito said with a slight chuckle as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"That is unfortunate. But we can't leave you like this! I know why don't we ask for help from someone who is good at treating injuries?", Sonia said with a bit more determined voice.

As though being in a movie, Izuru walked right in the class at that moment. Sonia's eyes naturally turning toward him. She then looked at him as her eyes lit up with a smile, as though she had an idea. She then walked over to Izuru.

"Kamukura~san, Good morning! Could you please help Komaeda~san with his injuries if you know how to?", Sonia requested sounding enthusiastic with a bright smile.