Chapter 8 - It was your fault!

The hallways of Hope's Peak Academy which were once empty were flooded with students who were done with their lessons and cleaning up the classrooms.  Back in the Main Course, Mahiru got up from her seat rather anxiously. Taking time but also keeping watch on it to make sure she wasn't late. 

Hiyoko looked at the red head, feeling worry. An emotion which she rarely felt for anyone these days. However, not wanting to show this weak side of hers, she quickly changed her expression as she gave a fake smile to cover up how much she cared for her best friend and mother figure.

"Don't worry Mahiru! I will carry some pepper spray and maybe we could ask Teruteru or the filthy pig to make us some poison!", the blonde girl said in excitement.

"No no, I-I am not that worried! We really don't need to take such drastic measures!", Mahiru frantically said waving her arms in denial of the ludicrous idea.

"Aww! But it would have been fun to see that filthy trash to suffer. Especially after how they threatened you!", Hiyoko pouted and crossed her arms.

Mahiru just furrowed her brows in a hesitant smile as she patted the petite girl on her head. Mahiru then proceeded to check the time and get up from her desk as she grabbed her bag, ready to leave. The classroom was completely empty as of now with Mahiru and Hiyoko being the last people left. Seeing the photographer get up from her seat with her bag in hand, Hiyoko proceeded to do the same as she grabbed her school bag and swung it over her shoulder. The two girls then left the classroom swiftly in order to make it to the dorms on time. The two girls made small talk on the way to comfort each other as they walked to their destination. They both could feel that there was something wrong but chose to ignore it for the time being.

---------------------------------------------------------

In the Reserve course, Mayonaka sat silently in her seat facing down toward the table as she waited for her classmates to leave. Suddenly, she heard a pair of footsteps approaching her. Hearing the sound,  she looked up to see Aketoshi, one of her friends.

"Hey,  Mayonaka~san what are you still doing here so late. If you need help with something or feel troubled, I can listen!", the plain raven haired male said with a gentle smile.

"Oh, thanks for being concerned but I am alright! I was just waiting because I was gonna meet up with someone in the academy around now!, the girl gave an equally gentle smile.

"O-Oh, sorry to disturb you. I'll leave now! See you tomorrow!", the male greeted with a wave as he left.

Mura maintained her smile as she waved after the leaving figure of her classmate. As soon as the male's shadow was out of sight, her smiled dropped immediately as she looked down at her lap. She tried to think of how she would carry out this interaction. Suddenly, she remembered the bizarre girl with wild strawberry blonde pigtails and their nearly deadly counter. Remembering the recent events, Mayonaka looked inside of her bag where the blade from earlier lay among her notebooks and stationary.

Immediately looking at the knife, Mayonaka was reminded of the tragedy which struck Hope's Peak Reserve Course some time ago. The tragedy which took away her best friend, her pseudo sister. She  unconsciously hardened her grip on the dagger by thinking of a certain freckled photographer with red hair. At first, Mura had thought to herself that maybe they could settle this out without the need of violence. But recounting those memories told her otherwise. She took those past events as motive as she strengthened her will with the blade in hand. She would avenge her friend.

---------------------------------------------------------

The red headed student waited at the balcony, nervously checking the time on her wristwatch as she waited in anticipation for the anonymous writer who wrote her the note. She often took nervous glances at her best friend as the blonde stayed low, hiding behind the door of a storage closet. The door was slightly ajar, making it possible for Hiyoko to peep through the little gap without being discovered.