Chapter 5

*Anna P.O.V.*

The following Saturday was the funeral for Hans. I stood between Adam and Dwayne, while the priest read of the Lord's Prayer Coach Bombay came and put an original ducks jersey over his casket. I was silently crying and Adam noticed so he put an arm around me comfortingly. I couldn't help it, so I move to hug him as he rubbed my back to calm me a bit. After the burial we all stayed a little longer and Coach Bombay walked up to me. "Hey Anna," he said. "Hey Coach," I said with a small smile. "How come you weren't standing with Charlie? Usually you two are inseparable," he asked. "Yeah I was wondering the same thing," Connie said. "Yeah is there trouble in Channa land," Averman asked. "Actually yes. We had an argument the other day about his attitude lately and how he responded to Coach Orion," I said. "So did you two," Connie began. I looked over at Charlie sulking by a tree trying to be tough and not cry. "I sure hope not, but if his attitude doesn't shape up soon, I don't think we have much of a future," I said.

"I'm sorry Anna," Coach Bombay said. "You didn't do anything," I said. "I'll have a talk with him," Coach Bombay said. "I have to go," I said. I went for a walk and found myself outside of Hans' shop. "Hey we figured you needed some girl time," Connie said walking up with Julie. "He brought us together. Now that he's gone are we going to fall apart," I said, my voice cracking. "Honey of course not. You love him don't you," Connie asked. "Well yeah. He's a big dummy, a really big dummy, but he's my dummy," I said. "And he loves you. You guys will work this out," Julie said. "You really think so," I asked. "Yes. We know so. We've never seen him happier than when he's with you," Julie said. "And I've known him for a long time," Connie said.

A few days later I went to the music room after classes and practice was over. I sat at the piano and began to play.

*Charlie P.O.V.*

Since I've rejoined the team Anna hasn't really talked to me so after I got done showering I came out and she was already gone. "Hey Connie. Do you know where Anna went," I asked. "I'm not sure, but she said something about getting a snack before going to the dorms," she said. I headed for the snack machines by the dining hall and I heard a piano playing from the music room nearby. I decided to listen in from outside of the room after I saw that it was Anna. (The song^^)

After she finished playing I hid as she came out so that she didn't know I was listening in. I went the opposite way than she went and ran into Dwayne, Connie, and Julie. "Hey did you find her," Connie asked. "Yeah. Well kind of," I said. "What do you mean kind of," Julie asked. "I went that way looking for her and heard a piano. Did you guys know she played the piano," I asked. "She taught herself to play when she was like eight. She even writes her own song when she feels something that she just can't hold in," Dwayne said. "I need to go find her," I said walking off. "Wait! Charlie! I have an idea," Julie yelled. "What is it," I asked.

A few hours later

"Ok now how am I going to get her here," I asked standing in the middle of the ice rink at the end of a Dahlia petal trail. "Leave that to me. Don't move I'll be right back," Connie said. I stayed put and waited for the door to open again.

*Anna P.O.V.*

"Anna. Are you busy," Connie asked coming in our room. "Actually I'm doing my homework right now," I said. "Good. Come on. I have a surprise for you," she said. "Connie. I have homework," I said. "Trust me, you're going to like this surprise," she said. I adjusted my glasses and got up from my bed to follow her to what ended up being the ice rink. "Connie what are we doing here? And why is it so dark," I asked. "Just stand there and follow the path when the lights come on," she said pushing me onto the Ice. I waited and the song 'Baby Come Back' by Player began to play softly before the lights came on.

I looked up and saw Charlie in dressed in a pair of jeans and a nice button up shirt. I followed the path of Dahlia petals to him and stood in front of him. "What is all this," I asked. "My apology. Annabelle Jane Banks, I am so sorry about how I've been acting lately and I'm standing here in front of you saying that I am me again. I am over my attitude and if you'll be willing I was hoping that we can still be together. The way I treated you was unfair and uncalled for. I'm sorry," he said. "You goof. I'll always choose you," I said holding one of his hands. "Really," he asked. "Really. Charlie you are the first boy I've ever loved and I want you to be the last. Even though your attitude was extremely uncalled for, I still loved you through it. But I just couldn't stand to be around the negativity," I said. "And I'm sorry for that. From now on I'll do my best to stay positive about anything. Because that's how much I love you," he said. "Good. Now there's just one thing missing in your apology," I said. "Huh? What did I miss," he asked. "The makeup kiss," I said wrapping my arms around his neck. "I see," he said wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. He leaned down to give me a rough, yet tender kiss, which felt like it lasted forever and when we pulled apart we both were smiling like fools.

"The power couple is finally back together," Connie yelled causing the rest of the ducks to cheer.