Chapter 8

*Anna P.O.V.*
Years later

    We have finally graduated and as a graduation gift from Coach Gordon we all got to go to Disney World together. "This is awesome," I said as we walked into the park. "Dude. You're catching flies," Connie said. "I can't help it. It's so magical," I said twirling. "It's going to get better," Goldberg said. "Dude," Adam said and Charlie smacked him. I just looked at him confused. "Come on let's go ride some rides," Connie said grabbing my hand and dragging me away from Charlie. "We'll meet back up at the food court," Charlie yelled. "Okay," Julie yelled.

   Julie, Connie, and I rode some rides then met the guys at the food court for lunch. "Hey where's Charlie," I asked. "The bathroom," Adam said. When started eating and Charlie finally made it and joined us.  Then we went on to ride rides together as a team. "Let's go take pictures with characters," I suggested. "Ok. Who should we see first," Russ asked. "How about Jasmine and Aladdin," I suggested. We started with Aladdin and Jasmine then continued to go see other characters before it began to get dark. We were walking across the bridge in front of Cinderella's castle and I stopped to admire the sun set. Charlie stood next to me and some of the others continued walking. "It's beautiful isn't it," I said. "Yeah, but you'll always be more beautiful," Charlie said. I looked over at him and noticed that he was nervous. "Charlie baby, are you okay? Why do you look so nervous," I asked. He took my hands in his and began to speak.

     "Annabelle Jane Banks. I thought you were the most beautiful girl ever that first time I saw you back in pee-wee's. And I've loved everything about you since then. I love that you're tough and won't take crap from anyone. I love that you will be the first to help someone in need and the first to do what is right. I love that you are sweet to everyone to meet and are always there for you're friends," he said. He dropped down on one knee and pulled out a box. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands and he continued. "You have been there for me through everything, through the rough times and through me figuring out how to be the best man I can be. Would you make me the happiest man of my life and marry me," he asked opening the box. By now passerbyers were looking and I wiped the tears of joy away as I nodded my head. "Yes. Yes. Yes. A million times yes," I said. He slipped the ring on my finger and I kissed him passionately as he swung me around while people applauded.

    We rested our foreheads together and I spoke. "I guess this is the better part that Goldberg was talking about," I questioned. "Yeah," he said.

6 months later

   Today was the day, I get to marry my best friend today. For the venue we chose the rink where we first met all those years ago. We had chairs and the Alter set up on the Ice. "You ready," Sarah asked. "I've been waiting for this moment for a long time," I said. First Sarah went with Dwayne, then Julie with Scooter, and Adam as Charlie's best man with Connie as my maid of honor. Before the went Adam walked over to me. "You look beautiful sis," he said. "As opposed to," I said. "You're always beautiful. Just take the compliment AB," he said. "Thank you," I said then he went to escort Connie. "You do look beautiful," Coach Bombay said. "Thank you, Gordon," I said. "You ready," he said. "Yep. Thanks again for giving me away. I grew up thinking my dad would be the one, but with him passing away last year I was at a loss for who would give me away then," I said. "You've always been like a daughter to me. And I would love nothing more than to give you away to Charlie," he said.

    We stepped up to the curtain and Bombay stuck his head out and signaled to them that we were ready. We stepped out and walked down the isle. When we reached the Alter, Coach kissed my cheek and passed me on to Charlie. I handed my bouquet back to Connie then held Charlie's hands. We exchanged our vows and put on the rings. "It is my pleasure today to announce you husband and wife," the priest said. Charlie pulled me in closer and dipped me into a passionate kiss. Everyone cheered for us and then we went to the reception.

   At the reception I first danced with Charlie to our song. Then I danced with Adam, since I couldn't do the father daughter dance I always dreamed about. After that dance was over Charlie's three year old brother, Jake wanted to dance with me. We danced with friends and celebrated, then it came time for the toasts. First was Connie. "I have known these two for a long time. Ever since Pee-wee's when we all played together, these two have had that spark. But they were always to shy to talk to each other, that's why I made it my mission to get these two together and look at them now. Anna's never too shy to call him out and Charlie's never too shy to show her his affection," she toasted. Next my Adam made his toast. "I've always been protective of my sister. When they started dating I did not like it one bit, but as their relationship grew I realized that he truly cared for her and she truly loved him. And now I'm glad to call Charlie, not only my best friend but also my brother-in-law. To Annabelle and Charlie, and to many years to come," he toasted.