Chapter 7

*Charlie P.O.V.*

       Before the game we all met up in the locker room early. "Is everyone here," I asked Belle. "Yup. Everyone is in there just as you asked. We walked in and everyone was sitting and chatting. "Thank you everyone for coming early. I just wanted to be up front with you all and say, today we are not playing to win, or for ourselves. Today we are playing for Hans. When we go out on that ice in twenty minutes we are doing it for Hans. Every goal we make and every goal we stop it is for him," I said. I felt a hand on my shoulder and knew it was Belle. "Today let's play the game we love for Hans and have fun out there," I finished. Everyone cheered then we got ready for the game.

     We went out on the ice and we paid homage to Hans before we started warming up. When we were done warming up we skated over to the bench. "On three, Quack," Coach Orion said. We all grinned at each other before he started counting. "One, two, three," he said. "Quack, quack, quack," we changed. Pretty soon the crowd joined in and then we began the game. "Banks," Coach said. "Yeah," Belle and Adam said. "Anna. Sorry I'm still getting used to two of you," he said. Adam went towards the ice and I stayed close. "Did you make that call," he asked her. "Yes and he said he would think about it," she said.

    We were playing hard and Varsity was tough like always. "Come on guys take out the trash," Belle yelled from the bench. I chuckled and circled around the net. "Charlie they're tougher than last time," Julie said. "Just keep taking out the trash. We'll get them," I said. We got back to work and Coach changed it up putting in Belle when Guy took a bad board check. "Hey Coach why'd you make Anna a defenseman," I asked. "Just watch. She can handle it," coach said. When the whistle blew Belle knocked the Varsity member right over and rushed to stay with the puck. "Looks like she's got a lot of anger inside," Adam said. "Yeah, but what about is the question," I said. I watched her play and she was knocking them over and over. "Should we stop her," Connie asked. "Everything she's doing is legal. If the box her it won't be a fair boxing," Coach said. "I wonder what's gotten into her," I whispered to myself.

   Half time came and we were tied, 0-0. We trudged to the locker room and Belle was the last one in behind Coach. "You're playing hard. I'm proud of you guys," Coach said. "They're cheap shooting us to death, Coach," Luis said. "I know they are. I know they are," Coach said. "It's going to take a miracle for us to hold on," Averman said just before the door was kicked open and Dean came walking through. "Dean Portman is awarded a full athletic and academic Scholarship for the Eden Hall Academy. Had this laying around back in Chicago my attorney and friend thought I should sign it so I agreed," Dean said. "I knew you'd come through," Belle said standing and hugging him. "I couldn't let down my Bash sister. You're really fishing it out tonight," he said when they parted. "It's official boys, I'm back," he said to all of us. "Bombay," I said to coach. "And Anna, she had a part in it too," Coach said. I looked over at her and smiled and she just shrugged her shoulders.

    We went back out to the ice with Fulton, Dean, Wu, and Anna in the front. "Look everyone. The Bashers are all together," someone in the crowd yelled. We played hard and Dean got boxed then we went to change it up and Wu jumped out on the ice too early. "Wu box. Luis bench," Coach said. "Time out, ref,"Coach called. "Alright we're playing two men down. Conway, Adam Banks, Goldberg," Coach said. "Me Coach," Goldberg asked. "Yes you. You've earned your spot out there," Coach said then sent us out. He stopped me as I was going on the ice. "Hey don't be to careless out there, but don't be to careful either. We're backed into a corner. If you hold out for two minutes we can get a tie," he said. "Okay Coach," I said. "You deserve to win. If you see your shot, take it, Captain," he said placing a captain C on my jersey. We began the play and held out for a while. Adam jumped to save a shot and was back on his feet quick. We were down to ten seconds when I had the puck and raced to the other side with Goldberg and Adam not far behind. I faked a shot and passed it back to Goldberg. "Shoot Goldberg," we all yelled. He made the shot just before the buzzer went off. We won the game 0-1 and in turn the Eden Hall Warriors became the Eden Hall Ducks.

   "Goldberg! Goldie! I knew you could do it," I said skating over to him. "Don't ever do that to me again man," he said. We celebrated then I swung Belle around and gave her the biggest kiss. She looked over at something then skated over to Julie. I went and hugged my mom. "I'm proud of you Charlie," she said. "I love you mom," I said then skated back offer to the ducks to celebrate.