Chapter 6

*Anna P.O.V.*

     The next day after me and Charlie made up was the hearing for our scholarships. "This can't be right," I said as I was getting dressed. "What," Julie asked. "Them taking away our scholarships right after they gave them to us," I said brushing out my hair. "Yeah it's not fair," Connie agreed. When we had gotten dressed we met the guys in the hallway. "Ready to do this," Charlie asked. ""Ready as I'll ever be," I said. We walked together with me and Charlie at the front and walked into the conference room. Before the meeting started we were chatting. "Hey Anna," Dwayne said getting my attention. "Sup Dwayne," I asked walking over. "Did you not tell Charlie that you played the piano," he asked. "No, I haven't told anyone. Why do you ask," I asked. "He heard you singing the other day and he asked," he said. I'll have to talk to him about that later. "Hey losers," a Varsity player said. "Hey yourself," I said crossing my arms.

    "Ooohh! Fiesty," another said. Nobody said a word but Charlie did step in front of me. "Ooohh. Looks like these ones made up," the leader said. "Settle down kids," the Dean said. "You and I need to have a talk later," I said quietly to Charlie. Charlie looked back at me a little scared then looked straight forward. "Do I have a motion for reconsideration," the Dean asked. The whole table was silent as we waited for someone to speak up. "I'm sorry coach, but without a motion from the board I can't do anything," the Dean said. A few of the Varsity players started chuckling and I stared harshly at them causing them to shut up. "Well I'm sorry Dean but you've forced me to bring in our attorney," Coach O'Riley said. "Your attorney," the Dean asked as Bombay walked in.

    "Gordon what are you doing here," the Dean asked. "You have made this a legal proceeding," Gordon said. Gordon then went on to defend our case and we were approved for reinstatement. We walked out of the conference room with Gordon in front of us. We thanked Gordon and turned running into the Varsity team and the cheerleaders.

     "Congratulations. You get to stay in our school," the captain said. "Hey it's our school too," Russ said. "It's everybody's school. You dumb jock," a girl said. "No. Don't you get it. This will never be your school," the captain said. I stood on Charlie's left and Russ on his right. "Your fancy lawyer kept you in on a technicality," he continued. He went to fix Charlie's tie, but Charliee smacked his hand away before he could. "You guys had an unfair advantage last time. You had one of us last time, Banksie," Charlie said. "Oh well you can keep him. He didn't have the heart of a Warrior anyway," the leader said. "That's because he has the heart of a Duck, which you'll never have," I snapped. "Ooohh, I'm so scared," one of them said. "You should be," I said sternly. "Hey Biff, one more thing. After we win, the Warriors die and the Ducks fly," Russ said. "Yeah, whatever you say loser," he said before he walked away with his possé not far behind.

    After they walked away the rest of the ducks wandered off, while Charlie and I went outside to talk. "So what did you want to talk about," Charlie asked. "Why did you ask Dwayne if I played the piano," I asked. "Oh. Well I uhh. I kinda heard you playing the other day," he said. "You were eavesdropping on me," I asked. "Not purposely. I was looking for you because I wanted to talk to you, then I heard you playing and singing," he began rambling. "Charlie how much did you hear," I asked interrupting his rambling. "Pretty much the whole song. I was behind the door when you walked out," he said. We were quiet for a moment. "Was the song about us," he asked. "Yes," I said. "All I gotta say is Dwayne was right. You have the most amazing voice ever," he said. "Thanks Charlie. It means a lot coming from you," I said. "Why don't you join Eden's music program? I mean now that we get to stay," he said. "I don't even know if they'd let me in," I said. "You're kidding, right? With pipes like yours, they would be crazy to turn you down," he said.

    For the rest of the week we trained hard for the JV-Varsity game. A couple nights before the game I went to make a call. "Hello," the person answered. "Hey it's Annabelle," I said. "Who," he asked. "Annabelle Banks," I said. "Oh, Hey Anna. What's up," he asked. "Do you by chance still have that Eden Hall Scholarship laying around," I asked. "Yeah why," he asked. "Because you might want to sign that and be here Friday. I have a feeling that we'll need ya," I said. ""I'll give it some thought," he said. "Dean. We're going to need the other bash bro. We won't have much of a chance with just two we need all three," I said. "You're the bash sister though," he said. "Yeah and we're going to need all for of us if we want to win. The Varsity team is tough. And they have been bullying Wu," I said. "I think about it," he said before hanging up on me.