Raven

Raven stays with us for nearly a year. She has to leave because her biological parents got their act together and the social worker people have decided that they're fit to be parents again.

We have a very tearful goodbye. Within the next two months, she runs away to stay the weekend with us three times. She won't tell us why but I hate that we have to bring her back.

Jack and Raven had a very strong parent/child bond and he's messed up about her leaving so we become a temporary home for several children over the next year because he can't handle loving another person that much just for them to be taken away.

On September 18th, 2027, we get the news that Raven was found dead on the side of the road three miles away from her house. Her parents are arrested and charged with murder. I can't bring myself to attend the court whatever but Jack goes to a few of them. He's the one that tells me they got a combined forty-three years in prison.

One month into his sentence, her father gets stabbed with a sharpened toothbrush and bleeds out in his cell. The guards conveniently didn't see anything wrong all night. I don't care that they're lying. I'm not happy a person died but I'm glad it's him.

He murdered his daughter. He murdered my daughter. She was never his. Not while he treated her like that.