IF WISHES

"The forbidden kiss
We knew that it was wrong
That he was betrothed to my sister
But if this wasn't what he wanted
Then why did he come to the field of desire
It was fated
That we should meet like this."

-Lara Jean

Song:
Certain things by James Arthur

* * * *

ANNIE

For the sake of a better understanding, in regards to why I live the way I do or why I am the way I am. You would need to know of a tragic event that befell me. It wasn't recent, yet it also wasn't too long ago that I could forget easily what happened. To lose remembrance of it had been all I wanted, but to wake and fall asleep without it being the first or last thing on my mind had been the toughest.

Oh, how I wish it had all been a bad dream.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Couple of months back, I got the biggest slap of my life...

Ever since I met him as the new boy in 9th grade, —four years ago, I have had a huge crush on my best friend. I know that might sound a bit of a cliché. But when the whole school desolated me, he was the only one who offered me kindness. A shield when the other students saw me as an easy target to pick on. He became a good friend, and I became tongue tied in his presence. I guess that was when...

When I fell totally in love with him.

He was my best shot!

My only shot.

Even thinking about him makes my heart do a tap dance.

Let's just say I couldn't help it. He was a typical All-American dream boy with a Football prodigy. He had that electric-blue eyes every girl fell for, and sandy blond hair that had to be woven out of gold. Oh did he have spellbinding smile. Did I mention that his personality was perfect?

He was perfect!

He was my boyfriend. Boy friend.

He was sweet and patient. Taught me how to drive and how to whistle like a pro. He always found a new way to make me laugh each time I needed to. My best friend was the constant shoulder for me to cry or lean on. I could talk to him all day about practically everything, even the little things that didn't really matter. That was how well we understood one another. I believed that we belonged together and there was no debate.

The universe intertwined our lives for one reason, to be —Soulmates. Sadly, only I knew this.

I suppose it was my Fantasy.

If I knew it never last forever, I would have savoured all the moments we spent together.

Sigh.

Just like that, four years worth of friendship went down the drain. He found the one, his missing rib and it wasn't me. I cried my little heart out. With every passing hour, my life changed like the weather. I was cloudy with showers —and it was either sink or swim. Like a lonely weeping willow lost in the wood, I told my pillow things no girl should. I became miserable, he was the only guy I had ever been certain was mine to love and adore.

Oh, I got it bad and that ain't good.

His name is Hunter Dillon.

My ex-best friend.

--- THANKS FOR READING ---

Author's Note: Hi, friends! 💜 Thanks for being here! I hope you stick around a lot more. The characters get better later on.

*** Please do vote and add to your library <3 ***

Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.

{26th of June, 2020}