CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT (unedited)

--- Kindly put your playlist here ---

"I got called pretty today,
Actually the Asshole's statement was 'Oh look, she isn't only blind and deaf but also pretty dumb'
But I'm only focusing on the positive things today.
POSITIVE ENERGY ONLY!!!"

                 -ANTOINETTE MELISSA WEST

Song:

Keep The Family Closer by Drake

* * * *

ANNIE

Mom had a lengthy exchange with the police officer, ensuring to follow up on what had caused the accident and all. She later persuade me to do a quick check up at our family hospital. At the end, all results confirms no internal injury, just a few scratches and neck ache. Only then did her worry dissolve.

It really warms my heart to see her care for me again.

On the way driving me back home, she also coerce me to promise her I would take my drugs, rest well and not stress over nothing.

Appears school for me today is cancelled.

Yay!

As soon as I am in, I head straight for the kitchen to find something to eat. Skipped breakfast again —not cool. Having no knowledge of how to cook, I just leaf through the refrigerator and bring out the leftover pasta and meatballs from last night. Which I ordered.

I heat up my food in the microwave, and saunter off to the living room. Making myself comfortable on the couch with my hot bowl of pasta in hand, I turn the television on. After eating and downing my meds, I take a nice, warm —much needed shower.

Absorbed by the thoughts of an absolute Jerk who has not a single sense of Chivalry towards girls.

I flop on my bed with a grunt. My mind keeps retreating to the image of the self-satisfied smirk he had given me before calling me by my full name. It has been plaguing my mind, hunting me, devouring my insides. Not that I can recall where, but something tells me I have seen him somewhere before now.

Is my mind playing dirty tricks on me?

A soft ding of my phone on the desk catch me off-guard so I stand abruptly to grab it.

Gliding my finger across the screen, just as my pulse starts to throb. I am not expecting any text from no one. Holding my breath, I frown seeing that the notification is from an unknown number.

*Unknown: Hey Annie, we didn't get to swap numbers. Hope all is well, It's Iz, btw.  We're worried about you. Text back if you see this? Tyler miss you, lol.*

I smile reading the message. My heart swells with delight at her words.

Cursing myself for not exchanging contact with her or anyone from the group beforehand, I save her contact and answer right away.

*Annie: Hi Iz! I realize that too. Thanks for checking up. I miss Tyler too and everyone else. I got involved in a car accident this morning.*