Chapter Nineteen

"I must say, daughter of Ceres, that was an amazing display of retribution. Honestly, I so rarely see a lot of people take out their anger on people who wronged them. That old stupid saying 'Forgive and forget.' Well I say, 'No forgiveness and definitely never forget.' But you, my girl, we're wonderful. Revenge is a powerful thing." Nemesis praised.

Yasmine just stood there not knowing what to do. Well what is one to do when you are being praised for killing out of revenge?

"For that, my dear," the goddess continued, "You have my blessing. In battle, when you are overwhelmed, try to remember your taste for revenge, your desire for it and it will unleash my power in you."

"Thank you, lady Nemesis." Yasmine bowed respectfully.

She nodded in approval.

"Now get going. All of you. Tomorrow at sunset is your deadline. Wreak vengeance upon the god nappers, for me, heroes."

Her body started glowing.

"Avert your eyes." Ron yelled.

When we were sure the glow has died, we opened our eyes and Nemesis was gone.

"Hey why did we have to avert our eyes?" I asked.

"Because she was about to reveal her true form. A god's true form is so powerful when looked upon directly by a mortal, the mortal will incinerate right on the spot. And I think Zelus told you about how we live in both worlds and as such things that affect mortals can affect us too."

"Oh."

"Now come on. You heard Nemesis. We don't have much time let's go."

Since the cab encounter turned out to be so horrible, we decided to fly the rest of the way.

Ron called on Rocky with a taxicab whistle. A moment later, we saw a dark shape descending from the sky. Rocky came in for a landing and nuzzled Ron's neck. Arion appeared out of nowhere and stood by Laura. She climbed on and offered her hand to Yasmine.

"Ron, you go with Tony." she ordered.

"But why?" Ron asked. "Can't I go with you and let Tony and Yasmine ride Arion?"

"Absolutely not, foul sea boy." the horse snapped. "I go with my mistress or not at all."

Laura smiled at that.

"Well, this is just great." Ron grumbled and climbed on, offering his arm to Tony, who unwillingly obliged.

"Oh and Tony? Make sure you grab on to Ron very well. You don't wanna fall of a Pegasus, trust me. They are sometimes not easy creatures. So you should make sure to grab his waist and leave little space between-"

"Alright, Laura. We get it." Ron yelled and Laura stuck her tongue out for him as she steered Arion away. Before long, they were gone.

The Pegasus neighed and stomped his hoof.

"You are right, Rocky. Girls are not at all easy."

I laughed at Tony's sour expression as he wrapped his arms around Ron's waist and Ron flicked the reins, launching them into the sky.

Mary stood next to me with a smile on her face.

"Some team we got here, huh?" She laughed.

"Yeah."

I concentrated and my wings and they appeared on my back. Now that I mastered it, I didn't have to say it out loud. I just have to think about them appearing and they would.

Mary hooked her arms around my body.

"Hold on tight." I soared up and flew towards the airport.