Chapter two

I woke up next morning. I felt too tired I stretched my arms and legs, got out of my bed since I could see the sun rays through the window. So I was sure it's kinda late. I went to the bathroom brushed my teeth and washed my face then headed down stairs.

"Mom, where are you going!" it didn't sound as a question but full shocked me.

"I applied for this job, so am going to meet the boss," she said.

"What's about that job?" I asked.

"Am working in a supermarket," she said shrugging her shoulders.

"Oh!" I said thoughtfully.

"Yeah, check your breakfast over there and remember tomorrow summer vacation is ending," mom said pointing over the kitchen where I should look for breakfast.

"Okay, nice day," I said.

"Do you have clothes for school?" She asked.

"Yes, I have," I said as she waved a goodbye and exited through the front door. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed some toasts of bread and smirred some butter and checked the tea from the boiling kettle.

"Wtf," I said yawning as the worms in my stomach demanded for something. I took my breakfast to my room and pulled the phone from the dresser.

I saw four missed calls and two messages from Grace.

"Jeez, she's worried now," I said to myself dialing her number.

Ring Ring

"Hi Grace," I immediately said as she got the phone.

"Hi, I was fucking scared that something happened to you," she said over the phone.

"Why didn't you call mom?" I stupidly asked.

"Are you crazy!! I can't call your mom of course especially at night, you know how she's rude when interrupted from her sleep," she said as if reminding me about my own mom.

"I know," I said.

"How do you see the area?" She asked.

"Maybe tomorrow I will video call you after school. My room is bigger than the previous one, it's beautiful, the whole fucking house, jeez I was surprised," I said.

"Any hotties?" she asked.

"Are you stupid? I just arrived this night so I met no one.  Maybe I'll tell you about it tomorrow after school too. I'll have met a lot," I said smiling at myself.

"So what are you doing?" She asked.

"Gosh! You like asking. Am taking my breakfast," I said.

"Let me leave you. We will call tomorrow evening," she said.

"Sure," I said hunging up.

My friend Grace was so talkative and liked boys so much. That's what I hated about her but other side she was caring and loving. I liked her, she listened to my every problem. If you have a caring friend no matter how bad you treat her or him he's still by your side, please respect her or him.

I finished my breakfast and took the cups and plates in the kitchen. I placed them in the sink and cleaned them.

I went to my room and looked around I made my bed took a hot shower.

I then Wore my black jogging pants and a long red and white vest wore sandals and took my headphones and headed out. I didn't know where I was going but what I knew was; am trying to learn this new area.

I moved down the streets as the sun rays heated me up. I hated summer times but again winters could get me sick sometimes. I looked at the tall apartments, and some small malls. The place so amazing and seemed for a high class.

"I can't imagine am living in this amazing area!" I thought as I kept on moving. I didn't know how many hours I moved what I know is I found myself back in front of our house.

I turned the door knob at my surprise mom was here.

"Sweet where have you been?" she asked worriedly, " you weren't picking up your phone, do you know how worried I got?" she asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Am here then, you did even have to worry that much," I said putting my head phones in the couch and went to the kitchen.

"It's 5 pm how do you say I didn't have to worry?" she asked raising her eyebrows.

"Hell no! 5pm?" I was also surprised, " how could I manage spending the whole day walking?" I asked myself but loudly.

"Hm! You can, just that you didn't try it before," mom said smiling.

"How comes!" I said surprised but I let the thought go.

"Can you go have a shower and come down for super?" Mom demanded. I did as she said; took a cold shower since I felt hot and wore small shorts and oversized t-shirt with my slippers on and went downstairs. I found the table already set so only glasses and dessert were missing. I found mom in the kitchen and helped her take the remaining things on the dinning room table.

We sat and served ourselves.

"yummy," I thought as I saw a fried chicken and mashed potatoes and rice. I liked chicken.

"But mom why are you buying expensive things these days. Don't you know that we have to save for my college?" I asked, because that is what she told me everything I told her to buy an expensive thing.

"I got you some outfits for tomorrow," she said ignoring my question, "I know you like looking super hot and boyish," she said laughing.

"Thanks l, but I need my answer," I said digging deep in the food.

"Okay, my new boss offered me a nice job, so am celebrating with you!" She said smiling.

"But you bought this house before you talked to him," I said not convinced.

"Honey, I know you need to know everything but not today. Actually, this house isn't ours, it's our boss's. He offered us to be here while we're still searching for ours," she explained.

"Have you met that boss of yours before?" I asked.

"No, instead I met his secretary. She's the one who signed for everything in her boss's name," mom said.

"I feel like it's not safe," I said taking a sip on my juice.

"Don't worry, as long as I got a good job now, we can save for your college," she said smiling.

"Whatever, but thanks anyway," I said putting my fork and knife down.

"Hm! You didn't finish your plate!" she said.

"Am full," I said rubbing my belly.

After eating we said our goodnight and went to bed. I had this feeling that everything wasn't well. I let myself sleep peacefully in the comfortable bed thinking about school. I hated school but liked eventful days.

***
Hi guys 🤩
How do u see this😉 plz don't be silent readers....vote and comment how you see it.

I love you all😍

@heroineprim