Get You The Moon

Third Person's POV

“Aren't you tired?”

Simon took a glass of vodka down and looks at David with confusion on face as they are sitting in the roof top, facing a midnight starry sky with the moon proudly showcasing its aesthetic.

“Tired of what?” Simon asks, perplexed.

They meet each other's eyes. Looks at it for seconds. David's sleepy black eyes never failed to express his inner soul. Anyone who would look at it would be either mesmerize or be a prisoner of such paradise. Little did they know, his eyes is a door of the deepest ocean you could ever dive, an ocean wherein on its bottom is a trapped celestial angel who got tired of drowning so instead of going against the waves,  he helplessly lives with it, and totally isolated himself.

David looks away and shrugs. “I don't know,” he said, “Maybe of everything?”

“What everything?” Simon asks back.

David sighs and fakes a smile “Forget it”

“I don't want to.” Simon insists.

David looks at him, smiling “You jack ass, I said forget it”

“You stubborn secretive cute ass, I said I won't.”  Simon said,  “I know something's bothering you. Tell me, I don't want you to carry the weight alone. I may not carry the whole thing out of you, but at least allow me to take some. I love you that much”

David's eyes become teary and lets out a mocking smile.

“What's that for?”

“You said you love me”

“Yes because I do”

David smiles bitterly, “How sure are you?”

That caught Simon off guard. He can enumerate reasons on how sure he is but this time, he can't even open his mouth.

“See? It's easy to say, but harder to prove”

“Can I just kiss you?” Simon asks

David looks at him, “Go on, then.”

Simon press his lips against David, kissing him gently like he's the most precious thing in the world. David responded with same intensity like he doesn't want the magical moment to end. Before things heats up, David pulls away from the kiss.

After the kiss, David said to Simon "Look at the sky." and glance at the moon and stars that are watching them above.

“When I'm long gone, can you keep a promise? Always look at the sky and find the brightest one. That'll be me guiding you, always. And whenever you miss me, talk to the moon as he won't judge us both since he's a witness of our midnight love”

”Hey, what are you talking about? Are you going somewhere?” Simon asks confusedly.

“No. It's you who'll soon depart” David simply said.

“WHAT????” Simon exclaims.

“You'll soon leave me, won't you?”

“Hey, who said I'm going to???”

“You know, It's rare for me to feel genuine happiness,” David said, “Sadness has been within me for ages, it marinated deep within my skin and bones, it becomes a part of me, it becomes my soul. So whenever I feel happy, I know something tragic will happen next. And you...you make me so happy to the point that my anxiety convinces me to get ready so when you leave me, it won't sting so much.”

“What are you talking about???” Simon exclaims, “Who said I'm gonna leave you? Losing you means losing myself.”