08| Sleep

***

***

Min Yoongi

"Uncle Yoongi!" Yoonie exclaimed as I turned my attention to her.

"Yes, baby?" I cooed.

"Thank you for the ice cream!" They both exclaimed with her older twin.

The warm feeling from this morning returned again. Oh how I just love seeing these two smile and giggle. It's making me feel so many emotions all at once and I don't know how much more my poor heart could take.

I told my mom that I'll take the twins out for ice cream and surprisingly, she agreed.

She even gave me a shocked look. I mean, is it that surprising for me to take two kids out for ice cream?

Luckily, I have my black face mask to cover my face as we got out in public. It would be a tragedy if people see me out in the public going to get ice cream with twins in hand.

I don't know why, but being with the twins made me feel a new feeling. Better yet, a new emotion.

"You're welcome," I told them.

Before we walked back home, I turned my head back around to the building we were just in.

This ice cream shop still haven't changed. It has been in the city ever since I was born and it's still standing.

Seeing the shop and going back inside after years and years of not stepping foot, hundreds of memories came rushing back to my head.

This is where I took Jennie on our first date.

Oh how I wish I could go back in time and see her smile again.

"Uncle Yoongi!!"

I snapped back to reality when I saw the twins dragging me to towards the playground just across the street from the ice cream shop.

"Can we go play, please?" They both said at the same time which was scary at first.

I nodded and let go of both of their tiny hands. I sat down on one of the benches and watched the two play around the playground.

Because I was too focused on the twins, I didn't notice that a man sat down beside me.

We both made eye contact and smiled at each other before turning our attention back to the children in front of us.

"Are those yours?" He asked me, referring to the twins.

I nodded in response, "Yes, the twins are mine."

That new feeling came back and somehow made me feel proud after the sentence left my mouth.

He smiled and kept his attention to the three kids in front of us.

"Is he yours?" I asked him.

He nodded in response, "Yup! That's my little Kai right there."

I smiled as we both watched the three children play around together. I'm glad to see the twins making new friends.

Then, Kai waved to his father. "Dad! Look at me go!" He went down the slide and landed on his two feet with a huge smile on his face.

He chuckled and yelled back to his son. "Wow! Look at you go Kai!"

I turned my attention to the twins and saw them both on the swing.

As the swings reached a bit higher, they jumped off the swings and landed on their own two feet as well.

"Did you see us?!" They both yelled out to me.

I smiled, "That was amazing!" I yelled back.

Well, would you look at that. Just seeing the twins do something they're proud of and immediately brag about  makes me feel so proud.

"Don't you just love that feeling?" He asked.

I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"That fatherly feeling," He answered. "That warm sensation that you feel inside you the moment your kids were born and as you watch them grow up, you start to feel more proud of their discoveries and such."

He sighed, "It's a bit hard to explain it to other people, but every father knows how it feels. Just like how mother's feel with their children."

"I know you might feel weird that a total stranger is talking to you about his experiences," He said and gave me an apologetic look.

I shook my head, "Oh! Please, do continue. We both are fathers, after all."

He felt relief wash over his body and continued talking.

"Before Kai came to me, I didn't really care about others. My life was such a mess. I kept avoiding my family and my girlfriend that time broke up with me because I got her pregnant."

I just stared at him in silence as he continued his story.

"I shrugged the break up off and continued with my life, that's until nine months later, my ex gave Kai to me and left," He said. "Even though I was mad and I know that I'm not ready to be a dad yet, I couldn't just let him go and leave just like his mother did."

"That's why I worked hard to raise my son on my own and even my family that I had tried to ignore all my life helped me through it," He smiled as he finished the sentence.

"I watched my son grow up and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. No matter how much pain my ex gave me, she also gave me a blessing. Kai came into my life and brought me out of the darkness. He made me realize to become a better person and until now, I'm still trying to be better."

"For Kai..." He trailed off as he stared at his smiling son.

Is this... is this how Jennie felt when I left her to raise the twins on her own?

How bad of a father am I?

"Piece of advice," He turned to me. "Never let your children experience any pain or sadness. Because as parents, we feel their pain too."

After another half hour of talking with that man, we finally decided to take our children home.

We figured that the three kids looked like they had fun while playing with each other. And so, he gave me his number and I gave him mine so that we could set up play dates for the kids.

I know it's a stupid decision. I'm an idol, I shouldn't have given him my number. Also, because I don't even know if I'm still able to be with the twins after our concert.

"Uncle Yoongi," Yoonki called with his twin holding my other hand.

"Yes?"

"I'm sleepy," He said.

"I'm tired," Yoonie added.

I chuckled, "Well then, let's get you to sleep."

When we got home, I saw my dad with my mom in the living room.

They were about to walk up to the twins when they saw me carrying the both of them as they slept on my shoulders.

They guided me to the spare room that the twins are given and set them down their bed.

I walked back down to the living room, where my parents were waiting for me.

"Looks like the twins had fun," Dad said.

I smiled, "Yeah... they made a new friend in the playground."

My mom gave me a soft look, "You're starting to act like their father, Yoongi."

"I guess I am."