Beyond humanity

Beyond humanity is a book by Husain1990.

Damulan, where memories manifest as the life embodiment, a planet where every named resource is at dire risk of expiration, the fire faintly lit. Water shortage. The soil is nearly dead. The winds barely moves. Electricity is barely seen. The weather never settles. No life deserves this, or maybe...
It was never like this, it never has been..

On Damulan were five states. In Kingdom of Spiritia, there lived the only inhuman race, the Spiritia, who had magical powers that could let them control all natural elements, they were a vital necessity to other life forms, but for them to continue living and surviving they need mana crystals to consume, which was only mined in the highly-advanced Empire of Regalia. Regalia shared their technology with the world and was obliged to give the mana crystals to the Spiritia, the Royal Family in the kingdom of Shiar acted as mediators between the Spiritia and Regalia to keep peace, then there was the republic of Minato who chose to close their lands and live a closed life after forming a peace and non- aggression treaty with all other countries, and finally, built on a massive gigantic tower that hit the sky and rooted deep in the earth between the waters of the boundless ocean in the center of the world, there was the state of Meredian, she was the strongest country ever happened, ruled by a group of dictatorship called the glorious knights, none dared to oppose them, governing the world with iron and fire, all politics decisions in every land comes after their agreement, a true order were kept in the world...

Until about 50 years ago.. A war erupted between Regalia (who had discovered the wonders the mana crystals can do and what can offer in every scientific field, thus wanted to keep it for themselves and enslave the Spiritia) and Shiar (whom were obliged to defend the Spiritia from any threat). A bloody massacre-like battles they were, the terror of the highly advanced weapons was manifested, then, on a darkest night, a dimensional rift opened above the skies of Meredian, and from it appeared the foul creature whom was later named "the Dragon of Destruction Catastor", the moment he appeared he released a mighty unbelievable energy beam towards the lands of Regalia, eradicating two-thirds of the land itself, that marked the true end of the war of the nations..

The Spiritia, feeling their responsibility to the world and seeing that nothing can stop that mad terror incarnate, every single Spiritia gave up their energy to seal Catastor in a bind he can never escape nor be freed for eternity, then the Spiritia went into a never- ending slumber in their own land, no one ever approached them, every country kept their own for their own, and not very long, Damulan began walking its path to extinction to the point of no return..

And that is the story of this world... From "the chronicles of Shiar".