III - The Test

JOHN'S POV

After my little encounter with All Might and the young kid he was training, whom happened to be named Izuku Midoriya, I went back home to check the hero course and UA on the laptop to get a bit more information that All Might might have left out.

"Hmm let's see.. UA.. Hero course.." I mutter as I typed it in. It opened an official website, where it also introduced the school along with that its offering, and what the hero course is all about. And apparently, if you've passed the exams, you can send them a drawing to request of your hero suit and they'll make it for you. How generous.

For the next 9 months, I decided to train my body a bit more. I went to the gym, and tried more martial arts, and might have gotten into illegal underground fights where not only I can train my quirk, but also get some cash. I decided to quit my job at the fast food restaurant, explaining to my boss that I had to prepare for UA, which he understood. I didn't wanna look like a jerk who just up and left.

On the last three days I decided to take it easy and only do basic things like jogging, and rested till the day of the examination. When the day finally arrived, I got into a white polo from my old uniform, wearing black pants that I can easily move in, and orange and golden rubber shoes. I looked into the mirror with a smirk but.. felt like something was missing.. My black tie! I went over to the drawer to search for it, and when I found it, I saw something else..

A haunting reminder of my past, of how I abused my power to hurt people.. my black mask. When I wore it, and became Joker. I glared at it, before sighing as I closed that drawer slot and went back to the mirror to put on my tie. And with that, I walked out of my apartment only to feel the freezing cold. "Fukisdiscold-" I went back inside, and grabbed a black jacket with white fur around the hood. I went back, attempt number two. I closed my apartment door as I checked my phone for the time. "Hm.. still have more than enough before getting to UA" I began walking out the building, when I notice a familiar boy walk outside as well.

'Hmm.. broccoli like hair.. looking like a nervous wreck.. ah!' I walked up to him and poked him shoulder, causing to slightly jolt as he looked at me. "You're.. Izaka right?" I ask with a weird face as I don't completely remember his name. I mean, it's been months since I last seen the guy. "It's Izuku actually.." he corrects me, as he chuckled, "You're going to UA right? Wanna walk with each other?" I asked as I stretched my arms. He nodded with a smile and we headed off to UA.

When we began walking to the entrance, Izuku had a hopeful and happy face that caused him to smile brightly.. before somehow tripping over himself like a klutz. I managed to catch him by the back of his collar and pulled him up. "T-thanks.." He says sheepishly, which I just nodded to. We went inside the school, and after doing the written exam, we went into a room where they would explain the practical exam. A loud blonde guy with aviators greeted or shouted with enthusiasm, in which everyone returned with cold, and dead silence.

He then began explaining the robots that would give different points, when a guy with blue hair that looked like he went to a private school or he got homeschooled. "The pamphlet said that there would be four different robots, so why is that you're only introducing three?" He asks. I actually notice that now. "Good observation! The fourth robot is actually a 0 pointer! It'll give anything and I best recommend you just get away from it! Cause it's the big mama bot that'll come wrecking havoc!!" Afterwards, we went to our respective areas, like artificial or fake cities. I went to a different one than Izuku though.

We were all either talking to each other, getting ready, or being nervous. Or a mix. "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! THERES NO COUNTDOWN HERE! NOW GO!" The same blonde guy shouted as we all began rushing into the city. I saw a guy who made explosions with his hands, and so I copied his quirk and began making my way faster as I flew with the explosions like that blonde guy. I saw a 3-pointer and blew it up sky high, as I've amplified the quirk's power. I then saw a girl with vine-like hair. I copied her quirk, and suddenly it already activated as my hair became like hers. I wasn't gonna question it for the time being, and used my vines to latch on two buildings and began pulling. I also saw a guy who could harden his body, so I copied his quirk too and had my body harden like a rock. Harder even.

I saw multiple robots coming towards me. Probably because that explosion quirk was pretty loud, attracting more. Good for me. I smirked as I let go from the buildings after walking back far enough, I Then slingshot through the six robots, bursting right through all of them before crash landing into a building. I came out of the rubble as I shook my head. "Ugh.. thank god for this hardening quirk." I slowly got up and continued to rack up points. At times I would also help others when they were in a pinch, which also meant I kinda stole their kill.

Then, the ground began rumbling. "Huh?" I looked around to see if it was caused by a quirk. Then a giant colossal robot bursts through buildings. "The zero pointer huh.." Just like everyone, I began to fled. Then I saw a girl with purple hair that was stucked beneath some rubble. I was conflicted on whether to ignore it.. why would I help someone I don't know? How do I know if they're even a good person? But then I remember what my goal was.. which sure, was being a hero. But I wanted to try and redeem myself. I rushed over to her with the explosion quirk so I made to her quickly. I used a strengthening quirk and easily lifted the piece of concrete that was trapping the girl and threw it away.

I helped her get up, but I decided to just carry her out of there as he robot was right behind us, crushing anything beneath it. "Fuk fuk fuk fuk" I kept running till.. "TIMES UP!" The robot then stopped, and boy was I glad. An old lady went around to check if any of us had any injuries and would kiss those that did, which healed them rather quickly. "Useful but.. kinda gross-" I then walked over to her and gently dropped the injured girl I saved, whom was healed by the old lady whom some people called "Recovery Girl."

The purple haired girl stood up wobbly, and looked at me with a smile. "Hey, thanks for helping me out back there.. that was frightening" She nervously chuckles. I just smiled. "No problem. We're aiming to be heroes right? So what kind of hero would leave someone behind like that?" Damn I sounded cool. "Yeah you're right. The name's Kyoka Jiro by the way" She introduces herself. "John. John Doe, nice to meet you" I extended my hand, and shook hands with her.

The day ended as I went back to my apartment, hella tired as I just flopped onto my bed. I slept like a rock the past few days.

A knock on my door was heard as I was cooking dinner, and a letter slid under the door. When I finished cooking and setting the food on the table, I went over to it and grabbed it. It had a red symbol that said UA on it.