XVIII - Hangout? Or Date?

John's POV

"Nice Work." 
Aizawa says to all of us. After the festival we 
all gathered in the classroom. Izuku still has his bandaged broken arm,
and I was still wearing my medal.
I like it. Makes me feel awesome.

"You all have the next two days of school-off to recuperate.
I'm sure the pros that watched the festival will wanna recruit some of you.
We'll look into the draft forms and update you when you return.
Get some rest, you still have a lot of training to go through."
Aizawa finishes off.

"Yes sir!"

~~~

"Is Tenya alright?" I ask the green haired next to me.
Me and Izuku were just on our way back home, walking on school grounds.
"He said his older brother was in the hospital, so he rushed to check on him."
Izuku answers, worry spread around his face.

"Sure hope he's doing alright.. by the way.."
I look over at him in curiosity.

"Why did you held back on winning against Todoroki? Why did you
keep insisting on him using his full power? Did you catch the Bakugo syndrome?"

"Bakugo syndrome?- Anyways, I did it because.. he was struggling inside.
Being hero isn't about winning.. its about helping and saving people, no matter what!"
Izuku says with determination in his green eyes.

I could only smile. "You really are the embodiment of purity, a genuine
cinnamon roll. If only more people were like you." I sighed out.
"T-thanks." He chuckles nervously at the compliment.

"Hey John!" A voice called out from behind us.

I turned around, seeing Jiro. "Oh hey!"
Me and Izuku stopped, waiting for her to catch up to us.

"We still good on tomorrow right? The Theme Park?" She asks, which was great
because my shit memory almost forgot about that-

"Oh yeah! What time you wanna go? Heard the weather was good tomorrow, no rains nor too hot."

"Hmm.. Maybe around 11 PM?" She asks, to which I nodded.
"Let's meet by the entrance?" I ask her, to which she smiles and nods. "Sure!"

"Alright, see you then. Bye!" I waved at her, to which she waved back.
"Bye!"

We then went our separate ways.
"Are you guys.. dating?" Izuku asks, almost making me trip over on the sidewalk.
"N-no! We're just hanging out! I wanted to invite the other two, but they were busy." 
I hastily explained myself, unaware of my red cheeks.

"Mhmm" Izuku just nods, giving off a sarcastic aura.
"Why you little-"

~~~

Tomorrow

I had just arrived at the Theme Park. I began looking around, searching for a dark purple haired gal. And there I saw her, leaning on a post with her phone out, listening to
music with her earphone jacks.

 And there I saw her, leaning on a post with her phone out, listening tomusic with her earphone jacks

I took a deep breath, before walking up to her. "Hey"
She looks up from her phone, seeing me in my casual clothes.

 "Hey"She looks up from her phone, seeing me in my casual clothes

(Credits to the artists whoever they may be ovo)

"Hope I didn't make you wait too long" I say, laughing nervously as I rubbed the back of my head.

She just softly smiles, shaking her head. "I just got here like, 3 minutes ago."
I sighed out in relief. "Shall we enjoy ourselves then?"
She nods, and we both went in the carnival. It was pretty lively, as expected.

We tried out the rollercoaster.
~
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"
Our throats hurt afterwards, and our legs became noodles.

We played a game in a stand, where we have to throw a hoop in a bottle.
~
"JUST ONE MORE TRY-" I pleaded.
"John no- you'll be broke before you even score one-"
Jiro holds be back from burning all my cash on the stand.

We rode on a Carousel.
~
"Dibs on the unicorn-" Jiro beat me to the best one, chuckling at my defeated face.
"Fine.. I'll take this dark horse next to you then." >:'(

We tried different rides, and different stands.
It was a fun time.

"Two cotton candies please." I payed the vendor some cash, before going back to Jiro, whom was sitting on a bench, looking around the dazzling Theme park. It was getting dark as well, so it was even more beautiful. "Here."

She looks back at me, taking the blue cotton candy from my extended hand.
I sat down next to her, eating my pink cotton candy.
"Having fun?" I ask, taking a bite from the sugary treat.

She smiles after taking a bite off hers as well. "Mhm! Really enjoyed it. Thanks for asking me out." She slowly realizes what that she said and what it sounded like.
"To hangout of course!" She exclaims in panic, looking away looking flustered.

My cheeks too, were slightly red. But I just decided to act cool, even though I was mentally screaming inside.

"Oh hey, we haven't tried out the Ferris Wheel yet!" I then pointed out to the giant ride, lit up brightly. "Wanna go for it before we go?"

She nods. We both stood up, walking towards the ride.

Though on our way to it, Jiro fell off balanced after accidentally getting pushed by someone "Sorry!" The man said as he continued to walk.
I managed to catch her though, her arms finding themselves holding onto me in desperation of not falling to the stone floor. 

We both blushed, as we were both so close to each other. 

We both quickly pulled away. "You uh.. alright?" I asked, looking away.
"Y-yeah.. thanks."

After waiting for what felt like an eternity, we finally got onto a cart,
The view was amazing, and the gentle night breeze felt nice too.

There were no lights inside the cart though, making the scenery more beautiful.
Speaking of..

I looked over to Jiro, whom was looking outside the cart. She looked happy.. and dazzling.
Because there were no lights inside the cart, it was mostly dark inside.
And because of that, her features were lit by the full moon and the street lights of the park.

My breath was stolen from what my eyes were seeing. I couldn't help but stare in awe.

"Are you guys dating?"
Izuku's question yesterday suddenly came back, making me flustered, looking away.
Would it really be okay for me to like her?
The two people that I used to like.. turned on me. 

A depressive look fell upon my face as I clenched my fists.
Would she too? If she saw what lies underneath? Who I was then?
A monster?

I shook my head. I don't wanna reminisce bad memories..
I just wanna enjoy what is right now, what is before me.

I look back at her, and I can't help but smile.
Maybe it'll be alright this time.. I've reformed now. Right?

~~~

"Thanks again for the fun time, John" Jiro smiles at me.
We were in a bus now, on the way home. I decided to stay with her till she got back home safely.
I smile back. "Anytime. Maybe with the others too." I chuckle, lowkey hoping it'd be only us again.

~

On the way, she fell asleep, leaning on my shoulder.
My heart was beating fast, and my face getting real red. Good thing she was asleep.
The bus stops, looking out, it was our stop.

I gently shook the sleeping Jiro. "Wakeuuuuup" I softly say to her.
"Wah?" She groggily lifted her head, yawning as she stretched her arms into the air.

We left the bus and was soon walking down the street.
Eventually, reaching her home. 

"Bye John, stay safe on the way home." She waves at me from her doorstep.
I waved back, smiling. "Will do, See ya."

I then left, my smile turning into a grin. Today was great.

Slept well too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed this little filler episode :DD
And hopefully it didn't seem rushed again- I wrote this chapter in one night because
I didn't felt like having an upload schedule of one chapter a month-