The High-Efficiently Accelerator Fuel

We saw all the adults sitting in the living quarters, happy looks on their faces. Lyra and I exchanged looks. This is very unusual, her eyes seemed to say.

"There you guys are!" Exclaimed John "There is something we need to tell you."

We all exchanged looks, maybe this was our answer to all of our questions, we all thought as one. I took a seat and saw the others doing the same.

"We made something that will make our ship very fast," said Zayan. He revealed a weird looking bottle that was quite big. "It's called H.A.F. It stands for High-Efficiency Accelerator Fuel. It's a very efficient fuel that if it works, and we are pretty sure it will, it'll make our ship arrive at our destination in only a few more months!" Of course, at this moment he probably expected us to smile and laugh and not ask anything else, but everything he just told us we already knew. Instead, Rian asked, "Where did you make it, and who made it?"

"Well, um it, uh we, kinda, you know, um.." He sputtered, looking at the other adults for help. They all seemed to be avoiding our eyes. All the adults seemed very interested in anything but us, Zayan looked back to us.

"Okay, guys," He said slowly, glancing at the other adults frequently, to see if they said otherwise.

"There is something we need to tell you. We have been hiding something from you," He started.

"Tell us something we did not know," said Sar, under his breath.

"We have been working on perfecting this fuel since the day we set off, initially it was all just a concept." He said.

"Why did you not make it on earth?" wondered Lyra aloud.

"We needed more time and experimented with elements found in space meteorites," Zayan said.

"Why did you not tell us?" Luna demanded.

"Umm," Zayan looked at John

"John will answer," he said, John looked slightly taken back.

"So.." He started delicately, "It seemed impossible to make at first, we thought that, that you guys might become disappointed if it did not work, so we kept it a secret."

"So basically you did not trust us, or think we were mature enough to handle the truth," said Nive angrily.

"Guys, this is not the time for this," Yasmin said, ignoring our glaring.

"And what about Sana?!" Shouted Luna. I looked around, Sana was not there and Imran was missing too.

The adults seemed unsure how to answer that too.

"How much T.S.E, is left," I demanded, looking at all of them.

Their eyes went as wide as planets.

"The Top Secret Experiment, will be just fine," said Yasmin. For some reason, she looked quite sad when she said that. Also, I had never known that's what T.S.E had stood for.

"And Sana, she, well..." They exchanged looks.

"Do you think it's time to tell them?" said Zayan.

Yasmin and John nodded, they both sat up and walked upstairs, and a few minutes later, I heard a yell.