Yasmin

Here is the sad chapter...

(It's not that sad though, but I tried)

"You know I love you guys very much, right?" Yasmin asked for what was like that 700th time.

"Yes, and we also love you very much," I answered.

She pulled me in a very tight hug. Then she went over to Nive. She was acting very weird I thought, I had told Lyra, Nive, Luna, Sar, and Rian this yesterday, and they had all agreed. I went back to looking outside, watching as we passed a beautiful nebula.

"Can everyone come here please?" I heard Yasmin say. I peeled my eyes off the window and headed to where Yasmin was.

"I want to tell you guys something," she spoke, looking distressed.

"I measured how much T.S.E was left and it seems that one person will have to stop taking it, she glanced at her watch, which was increasing by seconds, along with the minutes and hours.

"So-" She started, but I interrupted.

"I will stop taking it," I said suddenly. Everybody stared at me surprised. I was a little surprised too.

"No", Yasmin said with a sigh "I- I already skipped the morning T.S.E, and in a few minutes, the lack of T.S.E in my system will take effect, since it is almost time for dinner."

"No!" I said as I ran to where the T.S.E was kept. I would force it down her throat if I have to, I thought. I'll stop taking it, not her! I opened the cupboard, where it was kept, only to find it was not there. Tears streamed down my face. Yasmin appeared behind me.

"I'm sorry," she said, her eyes glassy.

I threw my hands onto her and hugged her tight. This was why she was spending so much time with us!

In a few minutes, I felt more hands join our hug.

"Did you guys know?", I demanded from everybody. They all shook their heads no.

"I knew you guys would try to stop me." Yasmin said, "So I did not tell anybody."

"I love you guys all very much." She added. Yasmin glanced at her watch.

She looked at every one of us,

"You must find that planet," Yasmin said.

We all nodded.

"I love you," Lyra whispered

"I love you too." Then with a last glance at her watch. She whispered, "It's time." For a second nothing happened, then all of a sudden, in a blink of an eye, she turned old, very old.

"What's happening?" Luna said, afraid.

"This is her real age," John whispered back.

Then she fell. Her body limp.

I gasped.

Her body lay small and frail, with wrinkles on her face that looked foreign. We did not see people age normally here, we had never experienced death.

I took a step back in horror and hit my head on the opened door of the cupboard, I had forgotten to close it. I peeked in it once before I closed it, and to my surprise, a note was in there. I picked it up silently.

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆,

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻.𝑺.𝑬 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆. 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒖𝒚𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈:

𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈, 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝑯𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑩𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆

𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉,

𝒴𝒶𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓃

Tears fell onto the page as I passed it to Nive, who was standing behind me. He passed it to Lyra when he was done, and Lyra passed to Rian, and so on. By the time I got it back, it was practically soaked with salty water.