Things to Remember Before You Write a Book

Welcome to the 2020 Wattpad guide into writing your first story. I promise by the end of this book, you will not only feel confident about finishing your story but you'll understand what it takes to be a writer and that you actually don't need to start off good to become the best writer.

Let's dive in. I'm Jakayla and I'm your Wattpad mentor and Wattpad mom now.

Picture of above is of me reading a book lol

First thing to no is that no one starts off a good writer. R.L Stine, J.K. Rowling, Stephen King didn't wake up and write a bestseller. The battle they went through to become great authors is probably the same battle you're currently going through.

The secret to BECOMING a great author is to accept criticism and take it as a tip to get better. Be honest and open to improving because if you stick to making the same mistake without considering improvement, it doesn't go well.

Try and train yourselves to stop looking at bigger authors and saying, "they're so lucky. I wish I was that good."

Be inspired but remember, that same writer struggled to get this good. They went through lots of rejection, criticism, and writers block.

Don't forget that you're a human with talent and as humans we make mistakes.

I'm reminding you guys of this because everyday someone messages me that they don't feel like they should publish their work because they're scared of criticism.

It's scary. But accepting that no one starts off a perfect writer is the first step of becoming a great writer.

Maybe this will make you feel more comfortable about starting.

Next chapter will go into setting up your profile.