Story description

Fun tip: Write down your characters, the timeline your story is in, and descriptions of people and places. It will help you in the long run.

When writing your first story description, try to stand out. Make up your own ideas. If you're making a horror novel, your description shouldn't say:

Bad example: A ghost girl haunts a family in their new home.

It's in 2020. A ghost has haunted every new home lol

Perhaps it's time to use your creative stories. Let your real-life inspire you.

Good example: After accidentally killing his own brother, Matthew is haunted by him each day.

Simple, a little different, and you have the power to turn it into anything you want.

Reading a story description is either going to hook the reader or drive them away. Choose what you say carefully. Be clear about your genre and when writing a description, try starting off short.

New writers get into the habit of over describing their novel in the book description. Try using longer descriptions after more practice. I still use short descriptions so people know what they're going to get.

I struggle with blurbs so I do ask my friends to help me sum it up so I know it doesn't only make sense to me. But truly find a critique pal!

Ask questions. Don't think "I have to do this on my own" cause you don't! You can always ask :)

Do not leave your blurb or story description empty or boring. That's 80% of the attraction!
•••

In my next chapter I'm creating an interactive chapter for people to find critique partners and a Wattpad buddy.