Be Original

You can be inspired but feel free to add in your OWN touch of things. By that I mean, your personal experiences can make a great non-fiction or fiction story.

For me, a lot of you like my books because they're relatable. I use my own true fears, emotions, and real characters in my story. I like to think that people prefer the rawness of a story. Real emotions. Real people. Real events.

Mary Downing Hahn is my favorite author because she knows what it's like to have a step parents who don't really give seconds thoughts about you. This made me LOVE HER and her writing. I related so much to characters and loved how they overcame their problems.

Maybe you all like my books because I constantly talk about fear and anxiety and terror but also adventure and freedom.

When I say find your niche, I'm saying find yourself. What do you like? What do you hate? Be honest with yourself on and off paper.

If you read a lot of romance books and struggle with writing horror, it's probably because you haven't read too much or know that much about the horror world. Now if you experienced horror in your life write about it. That's what I do. However, if you read romance then you probably can write really good romance. That's what YOU like. Look deep within yourself to write that amazing story.

If you can't, maybe try writing about the life you do want (;