Your Wattpad Profile Is Everything

First impressions are everything and if you want to keep a reader and if you want to be popular, you have to present yourself.

Wattpad gives you the power to stand out! Use that opportunity and really mend yourself into someone people want to follow by using your own uniqueness.

I didn't know that people cared about my Wattpad appearance when I first joined. And no I don't mean my physical and facial appearance. I just mean how my profile comes off to other people.

Some of you probably wouldn't follow me if I had no bio, good covers, profile picture or anything.

A good profile appearance attracts!

My readership grew because people connected with me though my profile picture, bio, and talents before reading my stories.

I wanted people who visited my profile to see that I wasn't only an okayish writer, but someone who loves horror, has a life, and have a passion photography. This is the real life. And people love that rawness behind the writer!

Express yourself before releasing your novel because we want it!

In my bio I include where I'm from, what I write mostly, and my passions. ONE relatable thing can keep your reader hooked for life. We don't think about it at first or care in the beginning. This is something learned through my years of writing, that people love an author that's interactive and real.

I've gotten people to follow me just because my profile picture has a camera in it.

BOOM! Just landed a follower and they didn't even read my book yet.

I landed a follower who likes me because I watch Avatar the Last Airbender. They didn't read my book yet.

I gained a follower because my bio mentions Mary Downing Hahn and other young adults read her stories.

Don't be afraid to truly express you are. You don't have to be the one who's (obsessed with writing and reading) only.

Tell us you love Panic at the Disco. Tell us about your cats, and how when you're not writing you're long boarding or hiking somewhere.

Being yourself is the new trend. It's the coolest thing ever and Wattpad gave you your platform and profile to express yourself.

It takes a lot to be yourself

It takes a lot to be yourself. This is me in a trash can.

The picture probably makes no sense but some people think it's cool.

Books can be the same way at first. That's how my first story Hide and Seek became good. I'm dyslexic so the first time I wrote it, I mixed words, past tense, times, numbers. Everything was wrong.

But some people liked my new trash. It was a start ;)

I'll stop calling it trash.

My point is that you don't have to follow a trend. Your own uniqueness makes something special. Please never forget this. It took me years to learn.

Next chapter
Your first story