Uh Oh! A Story Idea

So you currently have this awesome story idea but you're scared or don't know how to start it on Wattpad. You want it to be amazing.  So amazing that you want immediate results.

I promise that if you did what I told you to do with your profile, the next step will work out perfectly.

Why are you writing this story?

Your answer should want to inspire YOU every day to finish the book. If it doesn't, you're probably not writing the story you want to.

So why are you writing the story?

Are you writing a story because you want to inspire or help a certain cause? Do you have a story that happened to you where you want to share your own experiences? Do you know something you're not supposed to? Do you want to inspire people?

A good story has a purpose, lesson, or inspires you in someday. A good story also has lots of emotion or makes you mentally feel something.

I like Goosebumps books because it scares me. I like Mary Downing Hahn's books because they make me want to explore new places more. 

What is your book about? What inspired you to write it? Why will others like it?

If you can't answer that then you might struggle a bit. Sometimes we actually don't know or have a point in a story that creates writer's block.

Example:

I wrote my book The Lovely Suicide Children to create more awareness towards suicide and bullying affects.

I write Hide and Seek to scare people.

I wrote Violet for the adventures and struggles with step-parents.

So, look at your story and answer the question:

Why are you writing it?

What emotion will it give away?

Is it based on my own life?

Is it a story people relate to it? Why?