Chapter 45: Sagamore Support System Roulette

ATTENTION UP TOP! I'm launching a new story on my profile next saturday, no posting sceduele, just filler stories for the rest of the guys alongside some deleted scenes and crap. Drop a follow :)

-rabid

***

JILLY

"Hey Jills." Steph sounds gross when he picks up the phone.

I snort. "Can you survive a week without me? You sound sick."

"Well, I, I," He pauses. "We, uh-"

"Is there a problem over there?" I look around the room to make sure it's empty. Neither parent or grandparent. Good. "Because it's been sucking literal balls over here."

"Sucking might be the right word," He sighs. "I just need to spit it out."

"Yeah, no crap." Something is bothering him.

"August and I broke up."

I gasp rather audibly. "WHAT."

"I," His voice creaks. "Listen, both of us knew this was coming after she didn't shy away from me about a week in. Okay? I couldn't get away with lying like that and then not have something like this happen."

"I'm sorry. What the fuck did you say?" I stand up. "Let me get the hell out of this house for one goddamn moment so I can fucking scream at you, you peice of shit."

He doesn't scold me for the swearing.

I kick open the back door and walk my way all the way out into the back yard and set my phone on a rock. Then turn it on speaker and start up. "Listen up. That girl was in deep fucking love with you all the way down to her itty-bitty ballerina core. Do you not fucking understand how she looked at you? I get why you might have wanted to not tell her all that shit but that was a shitty idea and I knew it from the start. Now get your ass out the door and follow her and explain that everything was your fault. You probably broke the living fuck out of her heart and you're just sitting there, calling me, your fifteen-year-old sister for relationship advice! HERE'S THE FUCKING ADVICE. YOU'RE A PIECE OF GARBAGE FOR NOT CHASING AFTER HER AND EXPLAINING YOUR SORRY ASS. GROVEL AT HER FUCKING FEET STUPID. I know you didn't! I know you didn't even bother arguing because you think that once you do something you can't undo it. And that's the case most of the time, but sometimes it's so very not."

"She made it real damn clear that she didn't want me following her."

"YEAH?" I laugh at him. "YEAH?"

"Yeah. She did. She ran."

"SHE RAN BECAUSE YOU BROKE HER HEART AND SHE KNOWS THAT IF YOU MADE ONE POINT TO GET HER BACK SHE'D FALL FOR YOU ALL OVER AGAIN. OKAY? SHE RAN BECAUSE SHE KNOWS WHAT'S GOOD FOR HER. WHAT SHE SHOULD DO WHEN A GUY IS A LIAR. BUT YOU'RE NOT JUST A GUY STEPHAN."

"Maybe I am," He groans. "She's better off-"

"sHe'S bEtTeR oFf." I cackle. "My ass." I run my hands through my hair. "You know what? I might just be a tiny little fifteen-year-old kid from Maine who's older brother plays ice hockey and is dating the most wonderful girl in the world. But I know what love is."

I spin in a circle and yell at the phone. "It's not what mom and dad felt. It's not what I felt about Logan for god's sake. It's not what Morgan felt for you. It's what Luk feels about Hayden, it's what I feel about Maya. For god's sake the biggest example of love I can think of is what you feel about her!"

I hear him choke and then remember. "I, what?"

"Fuck."

"Give me fifteen seconds, there's someone knocking, then I've got some questions."